Author Topic: Potential life saving app.  (Read 7070 times)

Re: Potential life saving app.
« Reply #50 on: 26 September, 2019, 09:31:38 am »

I guess it won't be long before the delivery drivers will be wearing body cameras so they can provide footage of the person who signed for it, or evidence it was left somewhere as requested, if needed.
I've been suggested this or similar for ages - it would seem to be straightforward tech to adapt the PDA type thingys to allow a photo (of the person, or drop off location) rather than the ridiculous scrawl that passes for a signature.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: Potential life saving app.
« Reply #51 on: 26 September, 2019, 10:19:09 am »

I guess it won't be long before the delivery drivers will be wearing body cameras so they can provide footage of the person who signed for it, or evidence it was left somewhere as requested, if needed.
I've been suggested this or similar for ages - it would seem to be straightforward tech to adapt the PDA type thingys to allow a photo (of the person, or drop off location) rather than the ridiculous scrawl that passes for a signature.

I know RM does. If an item has to be left in a safe place, as specified by the Tracking label, eg "in shed", the Postie has to use the PDA to take a picture of the item left in the safe place.
Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk