Author Topic: What mp3 player?  (Read 9110 times)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
Re: What mp3 player?
« Reply #25 on: 03 April, 2008, 06:15:08 pm »
The Sony ones are now cheap and good quality and behave as generic flash storage devices, no more Sonicstage horror !
Something like this.

But if that, then try it here - for £90

border-rider

« Reply #26 on: 03 April, 2008, 06:25:27 pm »
I like my Creative Zen - everything on it is ripped from my own CDs; I've never downloaded. The one crappy thing is that it didn't come with a charger, just the USB connector as if they expected me to only ever charge it via the computer. So I had to buy a separate charger, but that came with plug adaptors for just about every country I might wish to take it to.

I have a Creative Zen Stone  - cost under £20 from Amazon.  I tend to charge it from the laptop, but we already had USB chargers for my and Mrs MV's phones so we can charge it from the mains.  it's tiny and good-looking.  It does drag-and-drop from Win or Linux too.

The only drawback is that it is only rechargeable, so it's OK for running etc - the initial charge has given me about 5 hours so far - but less so for a long audax.

The sound of one pannier flapping

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:51:55 am »
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #29 on: 04 April, 2008, 11:15:09 am »
My 7 year old niece got this for her birthday.  Wind up MP3 player.  It seems pretty easy to use, an easy drag and drop from the PC, and best of all once charged (mains or USB from PC) you can listen for as long as you like as you can wind it back up once it finally goes flat.   This would be ideal for PBP etc as I don't think there's any way on long rides such as that to recharge iPods and other media players withinternal batteries.  Oh, this can also charge your mobile phone back up.

If you want a screen + video watching capabilities I see that they've also got this.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #30 on: 04 April, 2008, 12:06:04 pm »
My 7 year old niece got this for her birthday.  Wind up MP3 player.  It seems pretty easy to use, an easy drag and drop from the PC, and best of all once charged (mains or USB from PC) you can listen for as long as you like as you can wind it back up once it finally goes flat.   This would be ideal for PBP etc as I don't think there's any way on long rides such as that to recharge iPods and other media players with internal batteries.  Oh, this can also charge your mobile phone back up.

There is a this: Clicky, which allows the recharging of all manner of Stuffs from a dynamo.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime