Author Topic: Experiences of Teh Plague  (Read 85065 times)

Re: Experiences of Teh Plague
« Reply #225 on: 07 December, 2021, 07:59:36 am »
Got pfoostered this morning.

Interestingly, although the rubbishment are saying that boosters can be had after 3 months the reality on the ground here is dose shortage so unless you are a week or less from the 182 day qualification you get turned away as a walk up*.  All the booked victims were 182 days or greater that I spoke to.

My 182 days was up on Wednesday so I got a dose!

* Yes, we have a walk up farcility.  I have had all three jabs on walk up.

Had an increasingly sore arm develop throughout yesterday and got very little sleep.  I am feeling under the weather today.  Not a happy bear at the moment. 

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #226 on: 07 December, 2021, 12:10:16 pm »
Got pfoostered this morning.

Interestingly, although the rubbishment are saying that boosters can be had after 3 months the reality on the ground here is dose shortage so unless you are a week or less from the 182 day qualification you get turned away as a walk up*.  All the booked victims were 182 days or greater that I spoke to.

My 182 days was up on Wednesday so I got a dose!

* Yes, we have a walk up farcility.  I have had all three jabs on walk up.
What documentation of previous two vaccinations are they taking at the walk-in centres, if they're even checking?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #227 on: 07 December, 2021, 04:41:54 pm »
At ours you only need to know who your gp is and your full name.  They find you on the system.

Folk were turning up with printed proof of jabs, letters with NHS numbers on or even just the cards which have the proof of previous jobs. 

It was not a difficult process.

« Reply #228 on: 07 December, 2021, 04:45:30 pm »
At the Lancaster walk-in centre last weekend there was a checkpoint outside where I was asked to show my blue card from the first two vaccinations. There was some clipboard shenanigans which may or may not have been checking the dates and/or just making a note of my walk-in status.

I was then allowed inside (after also confirming I'd eaten that day and swapping my cloth mask for a more medical looking one that didn't fit very well). Inside there was then a sort of reception bit where my date of birth was input into a computer. I don't know if this was making a record or checking records. I can't remember if they checked my card again or not.

Computer said yes, so I was then able to queue for the jabbing cubicles.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #229 on: 07 December, 2021, 07:06:40 pm »
That sounds like the simplest way to get it done then. GP is offering me appointments only next w/e when I'm away.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #230 on: 10 December, 2021, 01:20:24 pm »
Side effects I got from my Moderna booster was delayed pain at injection site and slight chill. Former sorted by not sleeping on that side and latter by wearing warmer jumper.

« Reply #231 on: 10 December, 2021, 06:31:40 pm »
One of my colleagues had his booster together with his wife earlier this week. She had an allergic reaction to it, which resulted in him taking two days off work to look after her (a pain as one of those days was a major review meeting with customers, and I had to put on my best dancing trousers and do it instead).

They were AZ for original, moderna for booster.

« Reply #232 on: 11 December, 2021, 08:19:56 pm »
I got boosted first thing this morning at my nearest mass vaccination centre.  Super efficient, in, jabbed, rested for 15 mins and out to the car within 25 mins of arriving and that was with them doing a brisk trade.  Pfizer for me this time after 2xAZ before.  As yet no real side effects excepts for a slightly funny taste in my saliva which may or may not be related to the jab.

« Reply #233 on: 14 December, 2021, 03:11:42 pm »
Tested positive with an LFT today. Negative yesterday. I'd put money on that I caught it in Shrewsbury last Friday at a very raucous Half Man Half Biscuit gig. Having said that, around 50% of train passengers were not wearing face coverings on either leg of the trip.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #234 on: 16 December, 2021, 12:07:20 pm »
They have at least got more hedged wording than the one I got in July 2020:

“Your coronavirus test result is negative. You did not have the virus when the test was done. You may return to work.”

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #235 on: 18 December, 2021, 06:38:39 pm »
2 AZ shots for the main vaccination, arm felt sore afterwards but that was it
had moderna for the booster at 4pm on Monday*
arm felt a bit sore, went to bed
woke up the next day feeling about 300 years old - everything achey, nausea, headache, aching eyeballs etc.
1/2 better on Weds
3/4 better on Thurs
still getting the occasional funny turn ever since

*pretty efficient - as pre-booked I went in etc, they were using walk-ins to fill the slots, done at local-ish pharmacy.
the main vaccinations were at an equally efficient vaccination centre
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #236 on: 18 December, 2021, 06:48:01 pm »
I think I got off fairly lightly

AZ x2 no probs at all, not even mild soreness in arm

Pfizer on Wednesday.  Woke Thursday with arm feeling like it'd been punched, hard, several times and by mid morning was feeling not quite right and by evening was slightly feverish and shivery.  Couldn't think my way out of a wet paper bag all day.  Friday morning, back to normal.

Felt sorry for the nurses, 12 hour shifts in a cold draughty (cos ventilation!) hall.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #237 on: 18 December, 2021, 06:59:27 pm »
I'm beginning to worry.  No negative reactions to either AZ or the moderna booster.  Or the 'flu jab.  Am I the only one?  Reading here, it would seem so. Did they actually work for me?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #238 on: 18 December, 2021, 07:04:03 pm »
No, you're not the only one. I also got off scott-free (AZ x2, Pfizer and flu).  8)

« Reply #239 on: 18 December, 2021, 07:10:38 pm »
Same for me, just the usual slight soreness at the injection site. Same for my wife.

ETA me 2x AZ, 1x Pfizer. Wife 3x Pfizer.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #240 on: 18 December, 2021, 07:13:39 pm »
2 AZ shots for the main vaccination, arm felt sore afterwards but that was it
had moderna for the booster at 4pm on Monday*
arm felt a bit sore, went to bed
woke up the next day feeling about 300 years old - everything achey, nausea, headache, aching eyeballs etc.
1/2 better on Weds
3/4 better on Thurs
still getting the occasional funny turn ever since

*pretty efficient - as pre-booked I went in etc, they were using walk-ins to fill the slots, done at local-ish pharmacy.
the main vaccinations were at an equally efficient vaccination centre

I was the opposite  :thumbsup:

I was pretty ropey after the first AZ, mildly ropey after the second and just an achy arm and a bit of tiredness after Moderna.

« Reply #241 on: 18 December, 2021, 07:17:01 pm »
First AZ - fluey for 24 hours with a climax of waking up in bed thinking my hot water bottle had split, but then awoke fours later feeling absolutely fine.

Second AZ - nothing.

Third Moderna - slightly not completely with it and the mildest tenderness at the injection spot for a couple of hours.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #242 on: 18 December, 2021, 07:42:52 pm »
Triple pfizered, no symptoms measurable above background 2021 ennui.

ian

« Reply #243 on: 19 December, 2021, 05:14:14 pm »
I'm beginning to worry.  No negative reactions to either AZ or the moderna booster.  Or the 'flu jab.  Am I the only one?  Reading here, it would seem so. Did they actually work for me?

No, the majority of people suffer no ill-effects, they're just less likely to go online and say so than someone that felt ill afterwards.

After getting flu and Pfizer in either arm, I felt a bit off the following evening, but my wife got nothing after her Pfizer or AZ shots.

« Reply #244 on: 19 December, 2021, 07:33:21 pm »
I felt flu-ey for 24 hours each time I was Pfizered, and both the GP & the hospital DVT clinic suspect that I got superficial thrombophlebitis as a result of the booster.
I'd rather have those minor inconveniences than the plague.
I see no merit in shouting about side effects on social media.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #245 on: 19 December, 2021, 07:43:08 pm »
Just a few mild after effects for me from two AZ jabs - slightly sore arm and feeling a bit tired for a couple of days.  Then after the Pfizer booster jab similar.  Did a tough 100k audax a few days later and didn't feel any worse than usual.

Obviously a lot better than ending up in intensive care as a result of covid.  Latest estimates are 85% of those are otherwise healthy people who have chosen not to be vaccinated. 
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #246 on: 19 December, 2021, 08:19:59 pm »
I heard that a colleague who has been off for a few weeks that had covid in the summer has been told he's not been poorly long enough for it to be long covid (?) and they've done loads of tests on his heart & lungs and found nothing.
Does that mean he's in the shit with HR?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #247 on: 19 December, 2021, 09:32:16 pm »
I do not know. I believe he's back a couple of days a week. I hope HR are not being twatty about it.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #248 on: 20 December, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »
Just been for a PCR test, because I've got a sore throat and a headache and blocked crustacean tubes, and need to not go anywhere near the orthopaedic hospital if it's COVID.   :-\

« Reply #249 on: 20 December, 2021, 01:56:14 pm »
I went to the church carol service on Friday evening, on saturday the app pinged me as a contact of someone who has tested positive. Either that is someone else in the choir as we were sat separately from the congregation or someone on the train. I am now on daily LFTs, provided I can get some more tomorrow local stocks are low, and waiting to see what develops.  :-\