Author Topic: Wahoo out front mount  (Read 910 times)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Wahoo out front mount
« on: 25 April, 2021, 11:34:24 am »
I've put the out front mount onto Mrs T's bike but the bars are way thinner than the tightest setting.

For now I've bodged some Blutack in but would some thin rubber shim be a better fix?
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: Wahoo out front mount
« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2021, 12:08:00 pm »
I've put the out front mount onto Mrs T's bike but the bars are way thinner than the tightest setting.

For now I've bodged some Blutack in but would some thin rubber shim be a better fix?

Isn't this what bits of old inner tube are for?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2021, 03:47:53 pm »

Or strips of beer/coke can (sorry, anodised flexible alloy shim stock).

But if these bars are 'way thinner' is that a case of standard bars and an oversize mount? I'd have expected either there to be an option at purchase to choose sizes, or for the oversize mount to come with a plastic shim.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2021, 04:18:54 pm »

Or strips of beer/coke can (sorry, anodised flexible alloy shim stock).

But if these bars are 'way thinner' is that a case of standard bars and an oversize mount? I'd have expected either there to be an option at purchase to choose sizes, or for the oversize mount to come with a plastic shim.

Use Diet Coke can to save weight ;D     - but inner tube strip will be better and less likely to slip

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2021, 07:20:03 pm »
I haven't had a puncture for years so no old tubes handy, but I could always sacrifice a new one? ;) Will try that though cheers.

As far as I know it's the default mount which came in the box, I was a bit surprised as the bike is a Decathlon hybrid so the bars are about as conventional as they could be. There's a good 10mm of spare space.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #5 on: 25 April, 2021, 07:32:31 pm »
Old bits of clothing or cloth, spare bit of bar tape? Plenty of things can be used as long as they don’t disintegrate in the rain.