Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 591458 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1975 on: 31 May, 2012, 02:28:59 am »
Manotea in my basement  :demon:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1976 on: 31 May, 2012, 07:22:09 pm »
Cycle, June/July 2012 pp.38-42

Joff Summerfield on touring with an Ordinary. :D
Getting there...

« Reply #1977 on: 31 May, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »
I saw a recumbent trike with a flag drafting a lorry down the uxbridge road at 30mph this morning. Who was that masked man spinning it?
It might have been my mate "darkeyes" he's been pulled by the police and warned for speeding down there before now ! ...

Interesting lack of knowledge by the police then.  In most of the UK it's not possible to be charged with speeding when using a cycle, since the speed limits apply to motor vehicles.  They'd have to attempt to charge you with something like cycling without due care and attention, which is going to be a lot more interesting in court.

(One of the exceptions is Richmond Park, where the 20mph speed is covered by a byelaw which relates to all vehicles).
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #1978 on: 31 May, 2012, 10:18:26 pm »

Interesting lack of knowledge by the police then.  In most of the UK it's not possible to be charged with speeding when using a cycle, since the speed limits apply to motor vehicles.  They'd have to attempt to charge you with something like cycling without due care and attention, which is going to be a lot more interesting in court.

To be fair to the police, I don't think they threatened to charge him, they pointed out the speed he was doing and were of the opinion it was too fast. Had they know he is also registered as blind, they might have been even more concerned !
Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it if you live  ~Mark Twain

« Reply #1979 on: 02 June, 2012, 04:57:05 pm »
Charlotte, NSTN and m'self (does that count?) On page 6 of June / July issue of London Cyclist.

Then the same trio, plus NSTN's +1 on page 25 of the same organ.

Is it me, or does the front cover of that issue - the shot of all the cyclists along Piccadilly - look like it has been 'shopped to within an inch of it's life?

Why might that have been necessary? As I recall the road was rammed with cyclists anyway - why tamper with the image?
And make it look like an image that has been tampered with?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1980 on: 02 June, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »
It looked like a version of Where's Wally to me.

And Butterfly spotted you.
Getting there...

« Reply #1981 on: 03 June, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »
Manotea in my basement  :demon:

Why does that sound incredibly sinister?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1982 on: 03 June, 2012, 08:56:19 pm »
Charlotte, NSTN and m'self (does that count?) On page 4 of June / July issue of London Cyclist.

Then the same trio, plus NSTN's +1 on page 24 of the same organ.

Confused??? Page 4 of my copy has is a advert for Lezyne pumps. Which if it is really who you say is not confusing but downright scary :)   and half the people on page 24 are under 10 :D

LindaG

« Reply #1983 on: 03 June, 2012, 09:05:21 pm »
newtoncap, looking mighty thin and mighty fine.  Along with shyumu and daisyhill.  It was lovely  :)

We talked a lot about cycling.

« Reply #1984 on: 04 June, 2012, 01:24:36 pm »
Charlotte, NSTN and m'self (does that count?) On page 4 of June / July issue of London Cyclist.

Then the same trio, plus NSTN's +1 on page 24 of the same organ.

Confused??? Page 4 of my copy has is a advert for Lezyne pumps. Which if it is really who you say is not confusing but downright scary :)   and half the people on page 24 are under 10 :D

No idea whatsoever as to what was going on there in my branes, PaulF.

Pages 6 and 25 are what I had in mind.
Original post duly corrected.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1985 on: 04 June, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
Today I've spotted Loadsabikes & Canardly

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1986 on: 04 June, 2012, 09:55:22 pm »
I think I spotted NeilV, occasionally otp, heading south on the A38 in Filton.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1987 on: 05 June, 2012, 09:08:55 pm »
Deniece in Stratford St Mary today.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1988 on: 05 June, 2012, 10:26:46 pm »
Not Citoyen. :(

I went to his home town, and he was away for the weekend :-[
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1989 on: 06 June, 2012, 12:27:28 am »
Deniece in Stratford St Mary today.
And Denephew?  :)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Forumite spotting
« Reply #1990 on: 06 June, 2012, 07:29:23 pm »
Not Citoyen. :(

I went to his home town, and he was away for the weekend :-[

Sorry! But let me know next time you're heading down this way and I'll get the tea and cake in.

Who was it I saw in Brockley tonight? Pale top, looked like a Pompino. Whoever it was called out my name but I was already past the turning and couldn't stop easily cos a car was behind me. I pulled over and looked round but you'd already moved on. Sorry I didn't recognise you - I'm very bad at faces.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #1991 on: 06 June, 2012, 07:31:09 pm »
I think I spotted Citoyen at Crofton Park about half an hour ago.

If it was him it will have been a good spot, given that I think I've only met him the once, and that was about four years ago, and that was on a FNRttC, in the dark, to Shoreham-by-Sea. I think.

But I seem to recall him extolling the virtues of his newly acquired Felt bike - which tonight's spot was riding.

To which there was a Carradice of some sort attached....

Heh!
X-post  :P
It was I on a Pompino.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Forumite spotting
« Reply #1992 on: 06 June, 2012, 08:25:08 pm »
I was about to edit my last post to add: if I were a betting man, I would guess it was Jurek...

But I seem to recall him extolling the virtues of his newly acquired Felt bike - which tonight's spot was riding.

Not that new any more!

It was I on a Pompino.

Hello!

Do you pass through that way often? I'm often going through there at about the same time most evenings so I'll look out for you.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #1993 on: 06 June, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »
Yesterday I spotted a Panoramix and a GrahamG, and of course also a Simonp, although he was with me so probably doesn't count (I also spotted him as soon as I woke up this morning).
We all did Panoramix's Forest of Dean ride, which although wet was a great ride with good pub stops and a decent amount of climbing  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1994 on: 06 June, 2012, 08:30:30 pm »
Do you pass through that way often?

And Hello to you  :)
I live about 5 minutes away from there, so yeah, it's part of my commute home rather than the one to work.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1995 on: 06 June, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »
Messrs. Bunbury and tiermat at the Millennium Bridge at around 6.30 this evening.
tiermat zooming back up Tadcaster Road in a station-ward direction about, ooh, 20 minutes ago :)

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1996 on: 07 June, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »
Spotted NeilV again, with his wife! This time we were all on foot on another part of the Gloucester Rd. There was talk of radishes, strawberries and beans.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1997 on: 07 June, 2012, 10:22:47 pm »
Tomsk in Colchester... Including in McDonalds!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1998 on: 07 June, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »
Today I spotted Panoramix in the centre of Bristol (didn't get chance to chat to him because the local newspaper were taking our picture at the time) and also Dinamo who was on the same ride as me. It was the 30th anniverserary of Bristol Thursday Oldtime Cyclists and so we were doing a celebratory ride from central Bristol to Bath. I was on the back of a 1948 yellow Claud Butler tandem  :thumbsup:

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #1999 on: 08 June, 2012, 12:30:30 pm »
Today I spotted Panoramix in the centre of Bristol (didn't get chance to chat to him because the local newspaper were taking our picture at the time) and also Dinamo who was on the same ride as me. It was the 30th anniverserary of Bristol Thursday Oldtime Cyclists and so we were doing a celebratory ride from central Bristol to Bath. I was on the back of a 1948 yellow Claud Butler tandem  :thumbsup:

I was on my way to my shared office as noisy children were about to mak an appearance in the house!

I think that the photographer was wondering why I was wandering in front of him. Sorry to Dinamo for not spotting him (and a belated hello!) but you were quite a few!

The tandem was very nice indeed.
Chief cat entertainer.