Linked Events

• Not quite not the diamond jubilee campong weekend: 18 May, 2012 - 20 May, 2012

Author Topic: 18th - 20th May: Not Quite The Not The Diamond Jubilee Camping Weekend  (Read 33409 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
About to consume a breakfast at the Long Itch Diner.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

18th - 20th May: Not Quite The Not The Diamond Jubilee Camping Weekend
« Reply #251 on: 19 May, 2012, 08:28:51 pm »
Dinner at The Harvester. Steak,chips,potatoes,peas,fine beans beer...
Lunatic company :-)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Phew!  Kin was worried that Andrewc's last post was going to be a picture of a cock whilst he was in the Gents...

« Reply #253 on: 19 May, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »
Phew!  Kin was worried that Andrewc's last post was going to be a picture of a cock whilst he was in the Gents...

I didn't take my camera to the gents! People might talk about me !

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
That's because you took it into the ladies'.

« Reply #255 on: 19 May, 2012, 09:01:46 pm »
The Harvester at Long Itchington

« Reply #256 on: 19 May, 2012, 09:26:22 pm »
Well, I've just given the assembled company something to talk about by fainting at the table, giving myself a nasty cut lip in the process!

Only had 4 pints, it normally takes more than that...

jogler

• mojo operandi
You clearly need more practice.
Keep calm & carry on.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I'm in my nice dry tent, I can hear Basil wondering where his tent is outside...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
That was a splendid day followed by a superb evening, Andrew's rather worrying incident apart. The Harvester pub (not part of a chain, which I've always considered to be a bit slack) provided us with some wonderful steaks and amusing banter.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #260 on: 20 May, 2012, 03:49:08 am »
Sounds like a fab time. Really wish I was there!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #261 on: 20 May, 2012, 06:18:49 am »
Sitting up in my tent, drinking tea & nursing a sore lip.

One minute I was laughing at a picture I'd taken of Kim, the next thing I was on the floor bleeding....

Damn, she's fast.....;-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I've just consumed a very welcome bacon and egg Butty courtesy of Canardly's Camp Kitchen. Most welcome.

One minute I was laughing at a picture I'd taken of Kim, the next thing I was on the floor bleeding....

Damn, she's fast.....;-)

http://t.co/z0ETpBC4

GWS and all that, but you posting the picture of Kim that caused the incident as well?   :)

« Reply #264 on: 20 May, 2012, 10:36:21 am »

Damn, she's fast.....;-)

http://t.co/z0ETpBC4

GWS and all that, but you posting the picture of Kim that caused the incident as well?   :)

Some things aren't worth the risk...

;-)

« Reply #265 on: 20 May, 2012, 11:08:44 am »
A lovely weekend, comedy fainting incident excepted. Many thanks to PB for organising it and to Mrs PB for leading us around some lovely lanes. I'm now at Leamington Spa waiting for the train home.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
A splendid weekend, despite the November weather. Andrew and I are in the Pump Room cafe consuming very substantial slabs of spicy apple cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
And I'm home.  3 hours 20 minutes door to door.  Kept finding myself in the middle of organised cycle events, much to the confusion of their participants.  Saw a Basil-shaped cyclist on the Pershore Road, but when I caught up it wasn't him.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I'm still fighting with trains. Just past Gerrards Crorse. There are only slow trains from Lpoo St.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
And, here I am home again.  Decided against my original plan of riding to Brum via the Meriden do.  Just didn't fancy hauling those over weight panniers any further than absolutely necessary.  (And it was cold)
I rode to Coventry station c12 miles, ignored the first two trains which were Virgin and Cross Country as I couldn't be bothered to deal with the hassle of finding the correct carriage and of not having a reservation.  Took the first London Midland (no reservations needed) to Mordor Central.
At Mordor Central I found that the Platform for the cross city line was packed solid and everyone seemed to have a double baby buggy, so I knew there was no hope at all of getting the bike space.
So I abandoned rail and rode the 5 miles home.

Great w/e.  Great ride.  Thanks to the PBs for organising.  We should definitely do it again.

The ride on Saturday was fantastic.  A Greasy Spoon start, and then TWO Cake-Stops.  :thumbsup:  Thanks again, Pauline.

Also, it is possible to have a very good meal in an establishment named "Harvester"
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Basil

• Help me!

Saw a Basil-shaped cyclist on the Pershore Road, but when I caught up it wasn't him.

Are you sure it wasn't me?  I've just come down the Pershore Road about 45 mins ago.

I'm still fighting with trains. Just past Gerrards Crorse. There are only slow trains from Lpoo St.

You should've waved!  I live in the next village over!  :)

« Reply #272 on: 20 May, 2012, 01:52:13 pm »
After a fast train journey home and a helpful Virgin chap at Stafford the train is now stopped on the approach to Liverpool Lime St!

*edit* and I'm home. Courtesy of the good ship "Virgin Invader"......... what were they thinking of.....?

Basil

• Help me!
*waits impatiently for picture of Andrew's cock*

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

Saw a Basil-shaped cyclist on the Pershore Road, but when I caught up it wasn't him.

Are you sure it wasn't me?  I've just come down the Pershore Road about 45 mins ago.

Heading towards Mordor, only one pannier, bright yellow hat, no comedy moustache.

Just out of the shower and I think I've lost a couple of kilos in accumulated grime.