Author Topic: [LEL17] Have all the audax uk entries gone?  (Read 2927 times)

[LEL17] Have all the audax uk entries gone?
« on: 19 January, 2017, 09:25:52 pm »
Last minute decision, I will enter but as Audax UK member I cant seem to enter at 2125 GMT 19th Jan?

redfalo

• known as Olaf in the real world
    • Cycling Intelligence
Re: Have all the audax uk entries gone?
« Reply #1 on: 19 January, 2017, 09:28:42 pm »
Looks like. 3 hours ago, @alwyn posted this on Facebook:

"We're closing early entry in about ten minutes. Demand has been much higher than we expected. If you had a deposit place, and you haven't contacted us at all, it is now too late and you have lost your place.
The ticket sales are loaded and ready to launch, starting at 18:00 GMT tomorrow with further sales at 23:59 and 07:00 on 21 January. There will be 150 places available at each sale.
If you don't get a place, email 2017@londonedinburghlondon.com and ask to be placed on the wait list. This will open once the ticket sale is complete. Please don't send a request before then; we will ignore any early requests.
Good luck and I hope everyone can get a place."
If you can't convince, confuse.

https://cycling-intelligence.com/ - my blog on cycling, long distances and short ones

« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2017, 09:33:10 pm »
thanks for the information.....   no words...

« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2017, 11:05:32 pm »
The email that (I presume) came to everyone with a guaranteed place did say "We open for early entries here at 18:00 GMT on 6 January 2017, and we stay open until 18:00 GMT on 19 January."

(My bold.) Looks like alwyn held to that. As an observer of the process, though, I think it's virtually certain that a good number of people from the waiting list will get in, even if you don't get one of the 450 places that will be made available tomorrow and Saturday.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #4 on: 19 January, 2017, 11:12:12 pm »
we are only going for 1500 paid up places to start with. If people do pull out by May/June .. then it will be a one for one replacement .. so keeping ride limit at 1500. last time we had about 1100 paid up places of which 100 did not turn up to start if my memory is correct. This time once we stop doing the one for one .. then ride numbers starting will begin to fall ,.. so to get a place off the reserve list will need riders pulling out by end  May .. when they can still get most of their entry fee back, and the reserve has a chance of getting the miles in for a couple of months.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #5 on: 20 January, 2017, 06:02:03 am »
The email that (I presume) came to everyone with a guaranteed place did say "We open for early entries here at 18:00 GMT on 6 January 2017, and we stay open until 18:00 GMT on 19 January."

(My bold.) Looks like alwyn held to that. As an observer of the process, though, I think it's virtually certain that a good number of people from the waiting list will get in, even if you don't get one of the 450 places that will be made available tomorrow and Saturday.

Yup, absolutely. We've sent the deadline out in two emails and it was on the entry page of the website.

I've had a handful of people ask for an extension to the deadline, all of which I've declined. AUK members and guaranteed entry riders have taken over half of the places - it's not fair on others who are waiting to extend the deadline any further.

« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2017, 10:50:26 am »
Apologies, I must have missed the detail in the email and the website text.
All the best
Craig

Phil W

« Reply #7 on: 20 January, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »
Apologies, I must have missed the detail in the email and the website text.
All the best
Craig

There's nothing stopping you trying tonight and tomorrow and failing that the waiting list.

The links you need are on the enter page

https://londonedinburghlondon.com/enter/