Author Topic: Waist longs, no pad  (Read 999 times)

Waist longs, no pad
« on: 29 October, 2020, 12:05:49 pm »
Any recommendations for waist longs with no pad, preferably ones with good lower back coverage and that don't put too much pressure on the kneecaps?

This is for commute purposes, in London, so not Assos Sturmnutterz price level. I'd have thought £75 would be more than enough but I am not seeing much around at that level.

Re: Waist longs, no pad
« Reply #1 on: 29 October, 2020, 12:14:05 pm »
Lusso in Manchester do waist tights with or without pads. You can order directly, and it seems that there are some at around your price point. Good stuff, made on Manchester.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 29 October, 2020, 12:32:43 pm »
I quite like the Endura Thermolite, mainly because they made the opposite design decisions from the Humvees, resulting in something that actually fits women with thighs who aren't 9ft tall.  YMMV in that respect.  They've also got a recumbent seat friendly waistband.

The main issue is the ankle zips damaged the lining of my MT91 boots, so I have to avoid that combination.

« Reply #3 on: 29 October, 2020, 12:57:31 pm »
I've been really pleased with a pair of Rockbros thermal longs that I bought on ebay for last year for a very budget friendly £13.75!

Perfect for autumn/winter temperature and surprising waterproof in light showers.  It seems the design and price has changed a bit with the addition of ventilation zips and other detail.

https://ebay.us/wk9yd3
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2020, 01:12:26 pm »
Galibier do bibs without pads, but I couldn't see any long legs without bibs. I've got some of their bib shorts (with pad) and they're comfy.

https://galibier.cc/product/bib-tights/

« Reply #5 on: 29 October, 2020, 04:39:06 pm »
I've been really pleased with a pair of Rockbros thermal longs that I bought on ebay for last year for a very budget friendly £13.75!

Perfect for autumn/winter temperature and surprising waterproof in light showers.  It seems the design and price has changed a bit with the addition of ventilation zips and other detail.

https://ebay.us/wk9yd3

I bought the Nenk trouser from Rockbros a couple of weeks ago and they are very warm and windproof. I've not tested the water resistant bit as yet. Somebody here recommended them, I think.
Never knowingly under caffeinated

« Reply #6 on: 29 October, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »
I've had a pair of Ron Hill Tracksters for more than 10 years and they are still going strong.  They have probably done in excess of 3000 miles although the seat is a bit shiny now.

I also have some Bikesters that I rarely wear as they don't fit or feel as good.

« Reply #8 on: 29 October, 2020, 05:58:32 pm »
Loads of good suggestions, thanks.

Kim, I think the Thermolites might be warmer than I need. I don’t have a shower at the work end of my commute so I try to avoid getting overly warm en route (e-bike helps on that front). Some of the other suggestions look a bit toasty too.

I’m thinking of the Lusso Cooltechs for that reason - thanks Giropaul, I’d forgotten about Lusso. If you were borderline, would you size up or down?

« Reply #9 on: 29 October, 2020, 06:59:21 pm »
Loads of good suggestions, thanks.

Kim, I think the Thermolites might be warmer than I need. I don’t have a shower at the work end of my commute so I try to avoid getting overly warm en route (e-bike helps on that front). Some of the other suggestions look a bit toasty too.

I’m thinking of the Lusso Cooltechs for that reason - thanks Giropaul, I’d forgotten about Lusso. If you were borderline, would you size up or down?

From the couple of pairs of bib longs I have of theirs I’d say the sizing is more about leg length than waist. Mine are pretty stretchy anyway