Author Topic: Scottish football  (Read 4848 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: Scottish football
« Reply #25 on: 11 March, 2021, 12:49:17 pm »
Its business , i was made redundant buy a firm that went bust. Went to Europe for a couple of months cycling , if i took a job the redundancy money would be cut. Guess what, came back and was employed buy the same (company  ?) people who ran the old one.. They paid top rate money so was always worth the risk.

The top tax figure owed is 650+ million Euro for the 4 Spanish clubs , you could say the tax man stopped Rangers paying what they owed to others.

The current Airdrieonians are Airdrie United who were Clydebank (who tried the same trick with East Stirling)
The original Airdrieonians died
They had to wait a number of years to reexist under their old name for legal and tax reasons.

Rangers Died.

Professional football is a massive con in which people are fooled into thinking they are supporting something with which they can identify/represents them but is primarily a massive business for others to get rich.

Not many people getting rich off Scottish football.

Meet the new firm / Same as the old firm?

Nah, one half of the new firm say EH a lot, and the other half pronounce their Wh's as Fih's

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #26 on: 11 March, 2021, 12:51:48 pm »

Nah, one half of the new firm say EH a lot […]

They’re Canadian?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #27 on: 11 March, 2021, 01:35:31 pm »
Its business , i was made redundant buy a firm that went bust. Went to Europe for a couple of months cycling , if i took a job the redundancy money would be cut. Guess what, came back and was employed buy the same (company  ?) people who ran the old one.. They paid top rate money so was always worth the risk.

The top tax figure owed is 650+ million Euro for the 4 Spanish clubs , you could say the tax man stopped Rangers paying what they owed to others.

The current Airdrieonians are Airdrie United who were Clydebank (who tried the same trick with East Stirling)
They had to wait a number of years to reexist under their old name for legal and tax reasons.

Rangers Died.

Professional football is a massive con in which people are fooled into thinking they are supporting something with which they can identify/represents them but is primarily a massive business for others to get rich.

Not many people getting rich off Scottish football.

Nah, one half of the new firm say EH a lot, and the other half pronounce their Wh's as Fih's

It was that man David Murray that caused the demise of the original Aidrie trying to get them to pay a huge sum to his company MIM for steel used to construct the stadium, money that only one bank would lend them, BoS no less and the signature of the man loaning the money was Gavin Masterton.
Mind of a cyclist, body of a dart player.

« Reply #28 on: 11 March, 2021, 04:15:23 pm »
 A lot of hate being stirred up here. 😂

« Reply #29 on: 11 March, 2021, 04:37:18 pm »
A lot of hate facts being stirred aired here. 😂

FTFY

« Reply #30 on: 11 March, 2021, 09:06:35 pm »

Rangers Died.

Hotblack Desiato walts, the lot of 'em.  ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #31 on: 11 March, 2021, 10:03:47 pm »

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #32 on: 12 March, 2021, 01:06:24 am »
A lot of hate being stirred up here.
What? Football fans with polarizer and opposing opinions, never...

Haring the Old Firm is about all the rest can agree on, and hating The Rangers well...

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #33 on: 16 March, 2021, 09:53:18 am »
Old Firm must show 'strong leadership' on stay-away messaging to fans

"We need to see strong leadership from the clubs," added Mr Hamilton. "So far we've seen a few videos but it needs to be continuing and there needs to be some kind of understanding about what the consequences of this are. Not just on an individual basis but in terms of what this could mean for the game."

I don't really think that either club has that much control over their fans (nor any club for that matter) but the stakes are really high here.  Cancelling the match and/or winding up the season early will be an absolute last resort for the SPL.  But I think public mood could support that given the recent behavior of the OF : the main thing against the government shutting it down early is the proximity to the election.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #34 on: 16 March, 2021, 09:58:38 am »

Maybe it is more acceptable to buy a club. Say it is green. Use it as a marketing tool.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #35 on: 16 March, 2021, 10:22:05 am »
You need to look it at it from a football supporters view, golf, tennis fishing have all opened up. How many cyclists have bent the rules claiming mental health issues etc. Celtic with the poor season resulted in crowds at Parkhead and Rangers fans in Central Glasgow after winning. Now how many cyclist would have real mental health problems if the lockdown was enforced like the Spanish and French done.