Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 279445 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Today I have an odd diagonal sunburn: left arm and right leg. I must have riding some weird zig-zags yesterday.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Beardy

• Shedist
I’d just like to say that it’s too bloody warm.

Thank you.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Warm weather + bank holibob = queue to enter Mr Sainsbury’s House of Toothy Comestibles  :(

If I'd known I'd have taken a book.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Beardy

• Shedist
On the one hand I want the weather to sort itself out and get on with brightening up so I can put another coat of paint onto the outside of the Beardy Bunker, but on the other hand if it starts to drizzle a bit I’ll get a day off and I am knackered.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I recorded 23.7mm rain yesterday. Annoyingly, my weather station recorded only 0.2mm. I went up a ladder this morning, expecting to find a bit of twig obstructing the "rocker" but couldn't see why it hadn't worked. The second wettest day I've recorded this year.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Hottest day of the year for the Met Office, Heathrow at the top of the shop with 28.6°C.

My weather station recorded 29.3°C...

Wednesday will be hotter. 
Move Faster and Bake Things

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
We recorded 29.6°C on Weds. Dont't know what the Met Office recorded.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/major-fire-hits-country-pub-249132/

Sad news from Kent as the Green Man is no more after a lightning strike. I've been in that pub.

We had around 10cm of rain in the last 24 hours.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
At least I remembered to close the skylight above my bed before it started this time :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
We had around 10cm of rain in the last 24 hours.

Crikey! That's a lot! We've had about half that amount in the last 48 hours, I reckon.

33mm here in west London

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Dry and dusty over here but, according to my colleague who I am relieving for, it hasn't rained for at least 18 months in the southern Sahara.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
"partly sunny" is the current forecast here.

What they didn't mention is that the part that is sunny is on the other side of the clouds.  :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

nicknack

• Hornblower
I've just put the heating on.

It is midsummer's day isn't it?
There's no vibrations, but wait.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Very slow-moving thunderstorm & battering rain kept us awake from around 2:30 am till after 4. Brain deader than usual this morning and everything in the garden is beautiful sad and soggy.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

I've just put the heating on.

It is midsummer's day isn't it?
Our heating is on for a bit most days. Sub 10C means heating comes on.

Very unseasonable. Local weather reporting made a comparison with 2018 - it was 5C hotter at 11pm in 2018 than the maximum here on Wed.

Many locals moaning about weather.

It is  a good thing I like cool, grey, windy and wet weather.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Back while our English contingent were complaining about the cold, Aberdeen was roasting, cue a rare  :smug: (we went for a lunchtime house viewing and being in the car was like being in the south of France in August, my garret said >27C, which must have been Wednesday).

Today it's been grey & windy and I'm now snuggled under a fleece and some warm moggies.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Oooooh, thunder!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
The bloody Met Office website seems to have gone completely screwy for me. Earlier today it seemed to think it was still Friday and was offering me forecasts accordingly. After deleting browsing data etc. it now thinks it's yesterday. But if I look at the forecast for Wickford, which although 10 miles to the west of Southend is still in the same time zone, it says it's today.

Meanwhile, my brother reports having had 18mm rain in an hour this afternoon, whereas Stock, a village only a couple of miles from his house, had none.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
We have a Met Office amber Extreme Heat warning now.  Do keep up, guys, it's been hotter than Satan's bollocks for days.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Yeah, but we're about to pass the few days of BRITISH cope for this sort of thing.  I reckon the downstairs of our Victorian terrace house will reach ambient temperature by tomorrow night.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
The Great Hall of Larrington Towers (rebuilt 1947) gets pretty toasty of an afternoon having as it does a large west-facing window, though I only needed the fan for the last two or three days of the TdF.  However, the Estate Office, despite getting bugger-all direct sun, gets ridiculously warm in summer once the big PC has been running for an hour or two.  Quicker if it involves heavy use of the moving pictures card.  Been in there for 3.5 hours this evening and am melting.

(Melts)

North-facing, shaded thermometer in York says 30C.  Phone app says 28.  There is scarcely a breath of wind.
Move Faster and Bake Things

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
24C in that there Suffolk. Girt big thunderstorm passing about 5-8 miles to the west, just getting some fringe rain off it now but it's very active. Those under the middle of it (somewhere between Sudbury and Braintree atm) are going to be very wet about now.