Author Topic: Another ace fixed video on youtube  (Read 2273 times)

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
Another ace fixed video on youtube
« on: 31 January, 2009, 12:19:34 am »
Commercial but good.
Features nice bikes - trendy but not ridiculous - and IMHO a rather cute young lady.  V much enjoyed  :P

I normally deride the ultra-style-conscious bizarro nature of some urban fixies, but I love what they've done here with the ultra-short mtb stems and of course the nice deep-section rims (are they actual Deep-Vs?)

Click here for hawtness

francisbarton

• Francis
Re: Another ace fixed video on youtube
« Reply #1 on: 31 January, 2009, 12:26:54 am »
Turns out she is quite well known as an ex-pro snowboarder and other stuff (not that I googled her or anything :-\)

simonp

« Reply #2 on: 31 January, 2009, 12:28:23 am »
Ace.

francisbarton

• Francis
« Reply #3 on: 31 January, 2009, 12:37:52 am »
Ace.

Showing my age  :-[
And there are two "ultras" in my OP. I blame that on the late hour.  And partly on Juliet Elliott.

simonp

« Reply #4 on: 31 January, 2009, 01:00:40 am »
Ace.

Showing my age  :-[
And there are two "ultras" in my OP. I blame that on the late hour.  And partly on Juliet Elliott.

I wasn't taking the piss, unfortunately.  I must've been subliminally influenced by the thread title.

::-)

francisbarton

• Francis
« Reply #5 on: 31 January, 2009, 01:50:51 am »
I like teh cool up to a point, but last few years some fixie fashions have just become ridiculous, creating monsters in our midst.  Check out <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CsAtDuUFmk&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/-CsAtDuUFmk&rel=1</a> for examples - to me these all look horrendous*.

By contrast, I really like the charge bikes in the video - they're very tasteful imo.

* One exception - I like the blue and yellow on at 0:35

francisbarton

• Francis
« Reply #6 on: 31 January, 2009, 01:52:52 am »
I wasn't taking the piss, unfortunately.  I must've been subliminally influenced by the thread title.

:)  I generally assume people are taking the piss - always nice when they're not  :)