Author Topic: Alternatives to Condor Tempo?  (Read 9230 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Alternatives to Condor Tempo?
« Reply #25 on: 03 November, 2009, 09:23:28 am »
Yes, AIUI it's a Fillmore rebranded, basically, after trek fell out with Lemond, apparently, and Fisher wanted to get into road bikes (they also do a range of decent geared road bikes, too).

I liked the Fillmore - nice classic look to it, understated etc - but it was a bit heavy.  In OYB, I asked them to get the Triton down, and it was lighter.  I noticed (and this may be the reason) that the components seemed to be a bit higher spec.  The 2009 Triton is black.  The 2010 is a pale blue.  None too sure about that, so I wish I had £500 cash now to get one of the last 2009 models.

I see a guy on a Fillmore from time to time on my commute.  I've never felt bold enough to quiz him about it.  I'm shy.
Getting there...

« Reply #26 on: 03 November, 2009, 02:44:46 pm »
Salsa Casseroll

Who sells these in London?

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #27 on: 03 November, 2009, 04:18:02 pm »
They have the really useful link to a distributor who then has this:

http://www.ison-distribution.com/ison/english/finddealer.php

Meaning that a stockist is highly unlikely, but a 'can order it inist' is possible.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #28 on: 03 November, 2009, 04:26:39 pm »
Thanks, saw that and have asked Ison for London dealers (if any). Unlikely to be interested if I can't have a spin on one.

Edit, FYI:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Casseroll Single.
This is a bike that we don't officially bring into the UK and so there are no dealers stocking it, so nowhere to physically go and see one, my apologies.

However the good news is that we can special order them and it only takes approx 5 weeks, it could be quicker depending when in the month the initial order is placed.

FYI, Mosquito Bikes have shown interest in getting this bike from the states before so it would be a good place to start by asking them.

If you do not fancy a trip north of the river then Brixton Cycles are an excellent stockist of Surly and Salsa stuff and they would be able to get hold of one for you in the same way.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me

best regards

Patrick

Patrick Joscelyne
Western Sales Manager &
Brand Manager for Salsa and Surly

Ison Distribution Ltd

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #29 on: 04 November, 2009, 12:16:21 pm »
If they have the same frame built up as geared then that's all you need isn't it? Get a feel for how it rides and how it fits?
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)