Author Topic: Macros in OpenOffice Writer  (Read 629 times)

Macros in OpenOffice Writer
« on: 21 December, 2010, 01:18:05 pm »
I'm working with an OpenOffice Writer document in its native (.odt) format, and have recorded a macro which I have named and saved.  It's stored under 'My Macros'>'Standard' and is in OpenOffice basic format.

If this were all in Micro$haft Word, it would be pretty straightforward to assign a key or key combination to this macro, but in OpenOffice I can't see how to do this.

What do I need to do now?

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
Re: Macros in OpenOffice Writer
« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2010, 01:34:25 pm »
Tools->Customize->Keyboard looks promising (although I haven't used this myself - a quick test just now seems to let me assign key combinations to macros in the openoffice.org/user container).
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Re: Macros in OpenOffice Writer
« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2010, 02:40:21 pm »
Thanks, Oaky.

I've done that, choosing CTRL+F5 as a key combo, as it was not otherwise assigned.

However, while I can run my macro named 'BulkEdit' laboriously by clicking Tools>Macros>Run and choosing the correct macro, the key combo I've assigned doesn't make it happen.

If I check under Tools>Customize>Shortcut keys, there's my macro assigned to CTRL+F5, listed as 'vnd.sun.star.script: Standard.Module1.BulkEdit?language=Basic&location=application', but holding down CTRL and pressing F5 does not execute the macro.