Author Topic: Bunch of lard  (Read 6505 times)

Re: Bunch of lard
« Reply #25 on: 24 July, 2008, 10:55:08 am »
Valiant - have you tried vomiting your meals up? This would be quite effective as a way to control the carbo intake. And has the advantage of enabling you to eat anything you want beforehand.
If you find that actually making yourself sick is hard - I know I do - you could use a bottle of vodka. That usually gets the system cleaned out.

Get well soon.

That really isn't a sensible suggestion.  In fact it's an incredibly stupid suggestion.  I can only hope it was a "humourous" one.  And the stomach acid plays hell with your teeth, just ask any bulimic - but then if it's what you do you already know.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #26 on: 24 July, 2008, 11:00:53 am »
Once you're back on form, if you want to lose some weight then I'd thoroughly recommend WeightWatchers.

Plus there's plenty of laydeez there for the mojo to play with....  ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #27 on: 25 July, 2008, 01:20:54 am »
When I was 19+ stone I had all sorts of things, all unpleasant, wrong with me that I just took for granted. It never occurred to me that they were in any way associated with being overweight. One of the less unpleasant was permanent eczema (pompholyx) on the soles of my feet - great blisters which itched like hell until I burst them with a needle.

Now I'm just over 16 stone and lots of these nasty symptoms have gone. I expect to get rid of a load more as more weight goes.

I doubt if it will get rid of my arthritis, but the less weight I can put on a dodgy joint, the better it has got to be.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #28 on: 25 July, 2008, 09:58:05 pm »
I think  that's a very useful message Wowbagger.

In my work I see the myriad long-term effects of excess weight more often than the effects of smoking. Very debilitating.

(Caveat: I suspect this is partly because a lot of the smokers are dead).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 25 July, 2008, 10:09:47 pm »
I think  that's a very useful message Wowbagger.

In my work I see the myriad long-term effects of excess weight more often than the effects of smoking. Very debilitating.

(Caveat: I suspect this is partly because a lot of the smokers are dead).

I think this is part of the story.
Some smokers are dead.
Some ex-smokers overeat and then have all the obesity problems.
Fewer people now smoke so obesity moves up the ladder of causes of heart disease.
More people are obese.

« Reply #30 on: 25 July, 2008, 10:24:43 pm »
Agreed.

I'd add:

More obese people are now surviving long enough to develop a "full house" of associated problems.

I suspect that developments in cardiac medicine have assisted with this improved survival.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #31 on: 28 July, 2008, 09:02:23 am »
Agreed.

I'd add:

More obese people are now surviving long enough to develop a "full house" of associated problems.

I suspect that developments in cardiac medicine have assisted with this improved survival.

Yeah.... bloody cardiac medicine teams.  Causing all these long term health problems. 

;) ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #32 on: 28 July, 2008, 02:38:06 pm »
 ;D