General Category > Velo Fixe

N+1 = Spa Audax Mono

(1/17) > >>

trundle:
I've indulged and bought my first fixed gear. To the untrained eye, it looks very similar to my other bikes - so I've convinced others that this is not a new bike - I've just cleaned one of the existing ones <cough>

It's a spa audax mono. With 42/17 gearing on 28mm tyres.

This was taken tonight on its first ride, outside the Royal Albert Hall. It's blurry - just like my legs going downhill!

Sprinting from traffic lights is amazing - I can see why track bikes use fixed. The rim brakes are superb - extremely powerful, and very easy to modulate.

You already know it feels easier to pedal, even uphill. But it's an unexpected revelation for a first timer.

I'm planning to use the fixed on shorter rides - and especially some 100km audax which I often overlook, unfairly.

Hot Flatus:
Chain looks a bit slack

JonB:
Looks great. The spa frames are filling a bit of a hole in the market, very few fixed/SS frames about now with full mudguard and bottle cage mounts, the Genesis Flyer has turned into a Single Speed gravel bike. Look forward to the ride reports (once you've tightened the chain ;)).

Sergeant Pluck:
Looks good.

I sold my Bob Jackson a while back and I miss having a fixed. I do have a new fixed frame ready to build up though, and a rather expensive set of Paul brakes for it as it's canti mounts. And some nice levers.

What chainset do Spa put on these?

rogerzilla:

--- Quote from: Hot Flatus on 15 February, 2023, 06:26:12 am ---Chain looks a bit slack

--- End quote ---
Beat me to it  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version