Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by JefO on Today at 10:20:11 am »
Yesterday JiberJaber of this parish gave my legs a nice battering, with a superb ride of 50km. First up was a loop to the east of Chelmsford, taking in the wondrous bluebells of Danbury woods and along the canal followed by a loop to the west of Chelmsford both loops having a plentiful amount of elevation.

Photos etc are at  https://www.strava.com/activities/11269962354
The Pub / Re: Grammar that makes you cringe
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 10:17:38 am »
English is quite rich in ways of being vague. So and like manage to serve both as expressions of vagueness and emphasis.
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 10:12:17 am »
Be very careful about gate keeping.

Do you think that’s what I’m doing?
The Pub / Re: Science that makes you cringe
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 10:10:56 am »
On a related note, I had one refuse to recognise a bag of keto-snacks on the grounds that someone had torn it open and helped themselves to two of them, which I only noticed when I discovered the hole on the third attempt and counted 10 rather than the expected 12.

I then had to explain the problem to the assistant, who was baffled that I'd noticed.

OT, but my pack of allegedly 12 toothbrush heads delivered by Amazon Sunday had but one head in it.  The box was sealed with a reusable sticker, which someone had obviously reused after helping themselves to eleven of the heads.  Nice of them to leave me one, I thought.

When I was still working for the museum, we had to be on site the following morning. One of our party was lacking steel toed footwear, so an order was duly placed with RS, with a 'before 10:00' delivery.
When the parcel turned up it did indeed contain a pair of size 42 steel toed boots.
Only these had reached the end of their service life with the outer heels worn down at a jaunty angle.
Doubtless, someone at the RS warehouse was walking about in a pair of nice shiny new boots.
The Pub / Re: Heating on?
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 10:02:53 am »
Still in single figures °C  here. So heating deffo on.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:59:09 am »
Eight Miles High - The Byrds
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 09:58:30 am »
In what world does Apollo not need a social worker? Strange indeed.
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:57:26 am »
I had to light the fire.  I was blipping the CH but that costs money and the fire doesn't (likely to move house later this year and I think I'll be leaving logs in the wood store).
« Last post by Flite on Today at 09:52:32 am »
Minus 3.8C again last night, ground completely white, of course the heating in on.
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by cycleman on Today at 09:52:31 am »
As soon as I get the contact details I will definitely chase them. Many thanks barakta. Conservative council 🙄
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10