Author Topic: Oops!  (Read 2837 times)

Oops!
« on: 19 May, 2008, 07:53:36 am »
A lovely ride in, followed by a big day of teaching yesterday, so I take the train home.  I pick up the [rather heavy] recumbent to carry it up the stairs, and as I take up the strain, let out a *loud* *power* trouser cough of note.  It echoed in the station.  Oops!!!

:-[
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Re: Oops!
« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2008, 09:32:29 am »
That makes you officially an 'Old Fart'.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2008, 09:55:18 am »
Therein lies the reason recumbents are Wrong: any flatulent activity, being directed forward, results in a retarding impulse to rider and machine, whereas on an upright it provides helpful assistance.

The very rare "prone" recumbents aren't so bad, because you get more downforce in corners  :thumbsup:
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »
Therein lies the reason recumbents are Wrong: any flatulent activity, being directed forward, results in a retarding impulse to rider and machine, whereas on an upright it provides helpful assistance.

It can be useful when caused by the stress of emergency braking manoeuvres however ... ;D
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2008, 02:22:12 pm »

It can be useful when caused by the stress of emergency braking manoeuvres however ... ;D

Is there more risk of 'blow-back' on a recumbent?  Kind of like a cycling dutch oven.

« Reply #5 on: 19 May, 2008, 02:50:26 pm »
A lovely ride in, followed by a big day of teaching yesterday, so I take the train home.  I pick up the [rather heavy] recumbent to carry it up the stairs, and as I take up the strain, let out a *loud* *power* trouser cough of note.  It echoed in the station.  Oops!!!

That's not an oops, but something to be proud of.   I find the acoustics at work are great in the stairwell, a really good trumpet can echo up and down all 12 landings.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2008, 03:13:20 pm »

That's not an oops, but something to be proud of.   I find the acoustics at work are great in the stairwell, a really good trumpet can echo up and down all 12 landings.

The trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #7 on: 19 May, 2008, 03:21:51 pm »
No, it just smells as if they have been.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #8 on: 19 May, 2008, 03:57:54 pm »
No, it just smells as if they have been.

QOTD methinks....  ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor