Author Topic: Cycle mounted weaponry  (Read 7299 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Re: Cycle mounted weaponry
« Reply #25 on: 30 May, 2008, 11:25:14 am »
A long time ago (Embra 20+ years ago) I was told (therefore it's probably a lie) of a friend of a friend who used to carry a small crowbar and that this crowbar could be used to good effect on the triplex windscreens of the time in the event that said (imaginary?) friend caught up with an 'offending' motorist at a junction.

I think this is actually a reference to an old (motor)biker's weapon: the steel tyre lever. You've got a perfectly good reason for carrying one, but if thrown hard enough it can go through a car window.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #26 on: 30 May, 2008, 11:39:53 am »
I've been meaning to get a catapult for ages, and learn how to use it.  They would be ideal for fixing to a recumbent bars, preferably with a swivel joint.  "Chavs at 360 , going in, Roger ..."

Got one.  Can't hit shit.  Hoping to bag some sqrls for the pot later in the year :)

Wise heads on the intarwebs say a big 12mm steelie - a car bearing, say - has ample penetration an twenty yards for medium game if you get a headshot. 

A trailer with a chariot archer sounds like a giggle. O:-)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #27 on: 30 May, 2008, 11:44:39 am »
These weapons generally require two hands.

The answer is obvious; handlebar-mounted lightsabre. That'll teach the b'stewards to overtake too close.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: 30 May, 2008, 11:49:17 am »
So some sort of tandem pilot/rear gunner arrangement seems to be the way to go?

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #29 on: 30 May, 2008, 12:13:14 pm »
Being lazy at heart I've just bought myself one of these CO2 inflator thingies. After reading this thread I'm thinking there's got to be some potential weapon that could be built with these. How about using the shell of a frame fit pump as a mortar tube? You'd drop the CO2 cartridge into it, a pin at the end would burst the cartridge open and it coming shooting straight back out. Not very accurate but it sounds like fun.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #30 on: 30 May, 2008, 12:15:05 pm »
Standard weapons of choice would be a D-lock, or an automatic centre punch (tempered glass makes a mess). I'm more of a fan of harsh language myself, since it doesn't escalate the confrontation in the same way as smashing windows or wing mirrors.

Jakob

« Reply #31 on: 30 May, 2008, 12:34:11 pm »
Mini-D lock. It'll fit in your back pocket and can be reached quickly.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #32 on: 30 May, 2008, 12:37:13 pm »
automatic centre punch (tempered glass makes a mess).

You bad boy.  :D  And they're so cheap, too.  It's a wonder everyone isn't carrying them... O:-)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #33 on: 30 May, 2008, 01:11:52 pm »
The ceramic insulator from spark plugs broken up and thrown as a handful of bits apparently smashes glass sidelights instantly.
I don't know why, but that's what I've been told.

fuzzy

« Reply #34 on: 30 May, 2008, 04:13:10 pm »
What is the best sort of weaponry to mount for easy access and deployment when needed?
Heavy thingsa like lump hammers carry a weight disadvantage, while light things like pumps may not carry enough stopping power. I am currently considering chemical options, with paint stripper spray bottle toppping the stealth league.
Anyone got any experience in this delicate area? Obviously any weaponry has to be street legal. Clearly different situations require different types of ordnance - from anti personnel defemce and deterrent through to the 'smart-bomb' stealth weapon attack in revenge mode.

That is your problem- weaponry is NOT STREET LEGAL (thought I'd better point this out ;)
automatic centre punch (tempered glass makes a mess).

You bad boy.  :D  And they're so cheap, too.  It's a wonder everyone isn't carrying them... O:-)

What use is an automatic centre punch to a cyclist? Going equipped sir? You're nicked you slaaaaag!
The ceramic insulator from spark plugs broken up and thrown as a handful of bits apparently smashes glass sidelights instantly.
I don't know why, but that's what I've been told.

You sir are also a slaaaag and therfore nicked for going equipped 8)

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
« Reply #35 on: 30 May, 2008, 06:26:33 pm »
Good afternoon.

This board is viewable by everyone, including Guests, and although the original post may have been meant in jest, some of the responses do not portray riders of your primitive two-wheeled machines (why don't you have landspeeders or hoverbikes yet?) in a positive light.  Now I see the Imperial Stormtroopers are taking an interest.

I'm therefore locking this thread and I ask that you do not start a new one on the same subject.