Author Topic: Comeuppance  (Read 1626 times)

Comeuppance
« on: 05 June, 2008, 01:00:44 am »
I was just cycling home along Tooting Bec Road, when some boy racer decided to hammer past the hatchback that was already overtaking me.  Since the hatchback was probably doing close to 30mph, this loon was well over that, and was going so fast that he had to go past an island on the wrong side.  It's a pretty straight road, and it was fairly clear of traffic, there was only one car coming towards him from the opposite direction.  Of course, since it turned out to be a police car, which immediately parked itself in front of him at the traffic lights, that wasn't so good for him!

You really shouldn't laugh out loud when passing a guy being given the "So sir, do you normally drive like a complete idiot?" line by a police officer, and I managed to reduce it to a snort, but I did grin a bit as I cycled the rest of the way home. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Re: Comeuppance
« Reply #1 on: 05 June, 2008, 05:37:54 am »
In a similar scenario I once said to a Salisbury taxi driver " You drive like a TWAT ".
He said "You can't say that"
I said " I can ".

This went on for several more you said and I saids before I said:

"Do you know what it stands for?"

I replied with a dead pan face "Totally Without Any Talent". 

He agreed he was a twat.

« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2008, 09:49:40 pm »
So if I get pulled over by the police and call them something rude they'll see the funny side and it'll be sniggers all round when I tell them I innocently mean "Courteous Uniformed National Treasure" ?

I'm guessing not.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3 on: 06 June, 2008, 10:58:54 am »
LOL, that must have been beautiful!  I would have stopped to be SMUG, but I don't have your mental strength and I is a c@nt.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.