Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 286032 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Last night’s caravanserai was literally within a stone’s throw of the M4.  Had to have the window closed.  Melted.   Probably should have succumbed to temptation, muttered an apology to Greta and turned on the aircon.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Last evening, the Met Office downgraded their “3 hours of heavy rain” to “next to buggerall”. I went out and watered the plants and it rained on me as I did so.

As it happened, just at the moment the Met Office said “no rain at all!” It started raining and we have had about 1mm. Better than nothing. But compared to my sis-in-law, whose quiz night in a Shropshire village hall was abandoned as a result of a leaky roof and bogs that had ceased to function as 30mm fell in next to no time, it’s not a lot.

To add insult to injury, her team was leading at the time of abandonment.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Looks like Sheffield got a good soaking.   https://twitter.com/bamb_uk/status/1677785881153789960
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

T42

• Apprentice geezer
36.5°C, storm (thunder) due from 17:35 and lasting until 18:17 according to Meteoblue's animation.  Don't care about the SFX, need rain.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
We just had a storm with rain but less rain than we were expecting. A bit thundery but I didn’t see any lightning.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Forecast for the next 10 days or so for London and SE: sunshine and showers, 23 average high, at least that's preferable to sweaty heatwaves (ie over 25).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Looks like Sheffield got a good soaking.   https://twitter.com/bamb_uk/status/1677785881153789960

Well, if they will cut all the trees down... ;)

Last night’s caravanserai was literally within a stone’s throw of the M4.  Had to have the window closed.  Melted.   Probably should have succumbed to temptation, muttered an apology to Greta and turned on the aircon.

Bit of a flattering term for a Premier Primordial Inn, n'est ce pas?  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Despite all the dire warnings very little actual rain here during the last week.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah

Bit of a flattering term for a Premier Primordial Inn, n'est ce pas?  :demon:

I'll have you know it was an Ibis!  Not my choice, but then I wasn’t the one paying for it.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
We have rain. So far, 1mm, but the Met Office think that there will be lots...

FLASH !   KABOOM !  DELUGE !   Liverpool .

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
My sis-in-law told me she was totally soaked yesterday, walking from Southport station for 10 minutes or so to her daughter's house.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
We have rain. So far, 1mm, but the Met Office think that there will be lots...
5.5mm. Not enough.

Our garden trugs have approaching 25mm of water in them. It rain heavily and solidly from 10:00 to 18:00 yesterday, and we’ve had heavy squalls from 10:00 this morning. I felt for the 6 young ladies who passed by about 11:00 in their waterproofs on their Duke of Edinburgh trek (we regularly get the groups through the village as they camp overnight at Green Park in Aston Clinton).
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

16C and blowing a hoolie.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
21°C here, and quite windy.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
30° here last time I looked. Had the windows open all the same, but had to close them 'coz couldn't hear the TdF commentary for the massed lawnmowers.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
St Swithin's Day today.
That is all...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
St Swithin's Day today.
That is all...

Bugger.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

St Swithin's Day today.
That is all...

Forty days of rain coming up? Good-o...

And in a shop on the banks of the Irwell, an old joiner and building contractor checks on his stock of maple wood...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
 :o 'ow much!

I canardly believe it!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
St Swithin's Day today.
That is all...

Forty days of rain coming up? Good-o...

And in a shop on the banks of the Irwell, an old joiner and building contractor checks on his stock of maple wood...
Really belongs in the Climate Change thread!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I think the Hon Mem will find it was a barn on the banks of the Irwell that Old Sam used to follow his trade - in a place you'll 'ave 'eard of, called Bury - you know, where black puddins is made.