Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 590981 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3050 on: 27 July, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »
We spotted the ever-delightful Phil at Hyde Park Corner.  He was riding his Bob Jackson home after camping for the Didcot demolition.  We were off on a CC SLR to celebrate someone's birthday. 
Getting there...

« Reply #3051 on: 27 July, 2014, 09:21:48 pm »
Beat me to it! Lovely to see you all :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3052 on: 27 July, 2014, 09:54:19 pm »
Absolutely! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #3053 on: 30 July, 2014, 09:49:22 pm »
Two in two days.

NSTN yesterday on CS3. We were going in opposite directions and I recognised her just ass we passed each other. I shouted out "Hi Laura" and she replied but not sure she knew it was me....

Today I think I saw PaulR go past me on Queen Street. He was heading straight onto Southwark Bridge whereas I was turning left onto Upper Thames Street. So confident was I that it was him I should "Paul" but he didn't turn around so maybe it wasn't him. Yellow top, blue (?) fixie, carradice bag, same hair as I last saw on PaulR  :D

« Reply #3054 on: 30 July, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »
Two in two days.

NSTN yesterday on CS3. We were going in opposite directions and I recognised her just ass we passed each other. I shouted out "Hi Laura" and she replied but not sure she knew it was me....

Today I think I saw PaulR go past me on Queen Street. He was heading straight onto Southwark Bridge whereas I was turning left onto Upper Thames Street. So confident was I that it was him I should "Paul" but he didn't turn around so maybe it wasn't him. Yellow top, blue (?) fixie, carradice bag, same hair as I last saw on PaulR  :D
Paul has recently had his hair changed to include a bouffant with a green tint.
I suspect the person you saw was someone else  :P

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #3055 on: 30 July, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
Two in two days.

Paul has recently had his hair changed to include a bouffant with a green tint.
I suspect the person you saw was someone else  :P

That would explain it then....  ;D

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3056 on: 30 July, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »
Wowbagger and Mrs Wow in NL and then in Germany.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #3057 on: 30 July, 2014, 11:01:53 pm »
Two in two days.

This time I did know it was you!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3058 on: 31 July, 2014, 10:52:44 pm »
Plug. Across a crowded stadium.
It is simpler than it looks.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #3059 on: 09 August, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »
A purple YACF jersey worn by a grey haired male who went steaming past me on the Embankment during today's Freecycle in London. I did call out but I don't think you heard me and I couldn't come after you as I had my 7 year-old with me.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #3060 on: 17 August, 2014, 08:01:16 pm »
Bumped into Swiss Hat by random chance in Tregaron today.  He was partway through the Cambrian Series 8A (chapeau) - I was baling from the Tregaron Dragon (no so chapeau  :( )
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3061 on: 23 August, 2014, 02:22:01 pm »
Orange and white YACF jersey near Hackney today around 1.30ish

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3062 on: 27 August, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »
Regulator, on Thursday, in Insectivoresinter
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #3063 on: 28 August, 2014, 07:02:33 pm »
No idea who it was, but he wearing an orange YACF jersey and cycling through Purton, Wiltshire just before 6pm this evening.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #3064 on: 28 August, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »
No idea who it was, but he wearing an orange YACF jersey and cycling through Purton, Wiltshire just before 6pm this evening.

That'd have been me!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3065 on: 28 August, 2014, 08:45:08 pm »
Hello Dibdib!

I was slightly more or less conspicuous, depending on your point of view, in my Discovery Channel jersey  ;D

« Reply #3066 on: 31 August, 2014, 12:45:03 pm »
A Crinkly and a Deano at Malham!

« Reply #3067 on: 31 August, 2014, 09:55:53 pm »
I will strenuously deny the green bouffant rumours above, but earlier today I watched a black Zafira with an Audax UK sticker queueing for the 16.05 ferry from Calais to Dover, and admired a coppery-orange Chas Roberts with an Isaac fork, Schmidt dynohub and full mudguards.  Was this perhaps a Redlight?  If so, I am very sorry not to have had the nerve to accost you, but will look out for you on the OKR.  I was in a red Zafira with a silver and green Lemond Tourmalet on the roof, and we were in front of you on the ferry.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3068 on: 31 August, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »
A Deano at York station on Friday then a Woolly (with a Tilley-dog) later that day in their particularly hilly bit of the world then a Peli&Woolly&Tilley at the pub in Malham then the three of 'em again back at the top of that bloody big hill where they live.

Then, on my way to Skipton station about half three this afternoon, a vaguely familiar looking chap in an LEL jersey....

« Reply #3069 on: 01 September, 2014, 11:54:39 am »
On Saturday lunchtime, I saw Fast Bob of VC167 leaving Pool in Wharfedale as we were exiting Castley Lane with the 8-10yr old Otley mini-flyers.

Not sure if he's on here, but I've ridden with him and Andy C (of this parish) before.

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #3070 on: 03 September, 2014, 11:50:38 am »
Wowbagger, posting on the Guardian Bike Blog. Does that count?

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #3071 on: 03 September, 2014, 02:33:02 pm »
Who was it I saw yesterday riding down Fetter Lane shortly after 6.30pm?  One of those pale blue / turquoise coloured YACF short sleeve jerseys, but it only registered after they sped past!

« Reply #3072 on: 03 September, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »
I think PaulR haunts that area during the week - although I'm not sure turquoise is his colour.
Was the bike a silver /green Lemond or a blue Pearson fixie?

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #3073 on: 03 September, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »
I didn't see in time! I only realised it was a YACF jersey a couple of seconds after it passed, by which time I could still see the jersey but not the bike.  Or the face of the rider.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #3074 on: 03 September, 2014, 03:11:07 pm »
Iddu, in an alleyway at Wallingford Bunkfest. Both of us in search of a mid-afternoon pint, but going in opposite directions.

Well, I'm always up for t'latter, to the sound of bashed sticks and knuckles, but wern't me yer honor...

That's bad - some poor sod's my Doppelgänger :)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.