Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2478383 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #7150 on: 31 May, 2014, 11:33:02 am »
P5300002 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

Butterfly's Galaxy, my Romany, and a Little Duck.
Getting there...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7151 on: 04 June, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »
After some years of cycling exclusively fixed, I seem to have gone a little astray...

Just a phase I'm going through.  Possibly a rather long one...

Anyway, just need some gumwall tyres to finish the modifications.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #7152 on: 04 June, 2014, 05:25:53 pm »
Very pretty!

« Reply #7153 on: 04 June, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »
Lovely.

Just needs the tyres and a couple of traditional style bottle cages  :thumbsup:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #7154 on: 04 June, 2014, 05:59:17 pm »

Today on way back from procuring orange Pears' Soap, on the '92 GT Karakoram 'shopping bike'. My local village hall is behind the hedge. Nantgwynant, Gwynedd

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7155 on: 04 June, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »
After some years of cycling exclusively fixed, I seem to have gone a little astray...

That's very pretty. I don't think it needs gumwalls, as the black tyres match the frame - but that's just my opinion. I'd lose the wheel reflectors though.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #7156 on: 04 June, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

Just a phase I'm going through.  Possibly a rather long one...

Barbag and rack spoil an otherwise perfect looking bike.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7157 on: 04 June, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »
It's a touring bike.  Sometimes it will be loaded down.  That is the point and part of the nature of the beast.  If you don't like tourers, fair enough, but it is what it is.  To say that these standard features of the breed are spoiling it makes no sense.  You might as well complain about the trail of the front forks or the chainstay length (touring bike geometry).

Aside from which, I currently have a fractured rib, so being able to carry things elsewhere than my back is a bonus.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #7158 on: 04 June, 2014, 09:15:15 pm »
Very elegant. Would mind giving us some more details.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7159 on: 04 June, 2014, 10:04:21 pm »
It's a Cooper touring bike.   57cm 531 Reynolds steel frame, Campag Veloce groupset, 20 speed, Brooks Swift saddle.  I've added A530 spd pedals. Brooks saddlebag, Ortlieb bar bag (Ultimate 6 Classic).

And a fun ride.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #7160 on: 04 June, 2014, 11:32:44 pm »
Where di the GB plate come from? I know some motorcyclists who are looking for something similar.

No rush, they're mostly pissed and clinging to a rock in the Irish Sea for some reason . . .  ;D
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #7161 on: 05 June, 2014, 08:17:42 am »
It's a Cooper touring bike.   57cm 531 Reynolds steel frame, Campag Veloce groupset, 20 speed, Brooks Swift saddle.  I've added A530 spd pedals. Brooks saddlebag, Ortlieb bar bag (Ultimate 6 Classic).

And a fun ride.

Old or new or a bit of both? I see a quill stem. The forks are an interesting shape.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7162 on: 05 June, 2014, 09:20:46 am »
New.  Stem is a simple Kalloy KL-80.  I have a couple of vintage bikes already, so while this one has the steel and style that I prefer,  I'm not planning to replace any components with vintage kit.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #7163 on: 05 June, 2014, 11:21:04 am »
nice bike; where would the lights be bodged attached?

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7164 on: 05 June, 2014, 12:34:19 pm »
Heh, that is something I am still pondering.  Ortlieb do offer a support bracket to go onto the klipfix mount.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #7165 on: 05 June, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »
It's a splendid machine.  Illumination should be courtesy of a hub dynamo, with the rear attached to the mudguard.

You're welcome.
Getting there...

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #7166 on: 05 June, 2014, 09:08:04 pm »

Very nice.

My mate had a fixie based on a Cooper, sunglasses for the wheels.

J.Y.Kelly

• Shopping trolley, helmet and umbrella in one.
« Reply #7167 on: 06 June, 2014, 11:10:03 am »
How on earth do I load photographs onto this gallery?

« Reply #7168 on: 06 June, 2014, 11:18:40 am »
Rust never sleeps

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7169 on: 06 June, 2014, 12:28:39 pm »
You don't upload pictures to this site (apart from little avatar pics).  You put them online in some regular photo site (Flickr, Google Photos, Photobucket, whatever) and then link to them.  There's a little "Insert Image" button on the "Post Reply" form which will help you, or you can do it yourself if you know how to edit bbcode.

« Reply #7170 on: 06 June, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »
Love the saddle bag on your Cooper and for those who have visited your flicker page do you ride it your Bates Homburg?

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #7171 on: 06 June, 2014, 08:01:59 pm »
No, not the Homburg.  A flatcap, a trilby or maybe a pith helmet ;)

« Reply #7172 on: 06 June, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »
Now a Pith hat would look splendidly imperial!

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #7173 on: 08 June, 2014, 11:07:33 am »
folding bike "london nocturne" edition:

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #7174 on: 08 June, 2014, 03:22:11 pm »
...and back to normal: