Author Topic: Garmin Training Centre Crashing  (Read 1012 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Garmin Training Centre Crashing
« on: 27 August, 2010, 04:51:43 pm »
Converted a 6000 point track to a TCX using wingdb3 and imported the file into training centre. Attempt to open or delete the course causes TC to crash. Export to gpx seems to work though.

Any ideas? Sadly, restore backup is not an option.

Re: Garmin Training Centre Crashing
« Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2010, 07:09:35 pm »
Assuming you haven't corrupted your TC database ...(?)... are you trying to view the stats? If so, Garmin Connect online might be the easiest way forward. Also, there is a firefox plugin that will upload from the device to Garmin Connect.

Does that help?

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #2 on: 30 August, 2010, 07:25:17 pm »
Dunno. Being a bit anal about these things I dont want a workround I want a solution, TC to work. Yeah, I know.

I loaded a 6000 pt track into TC with a view to loading it onto the GPS as a course. I would have added the audax controls as course points. . Selecting the course whether to download/edit/delete causes TC to crash. I was in a rush at the time so I ended up downloading the track as a track using mapsource which worked but I lost the 'follow course' functionality. Bother.

« Reply #3 on: 30 August, 2010, 08:53:09 pm »
I've hit TC limitations, too. I've got a 305 which limits me further than your 705 (??). I tend to use whatever workaround gets the thing onto the GPS, and have a selection of options to get it on the device. I also have an Oregon, but I have yet to use it on the bike, that has more functionality than TC can cope with.... 'orses for courses. Or should that be tracks?