Author Topic: OSMAnd Navigation Query  (Read 1755 times)

OSMAnd Navigation Query
« on: 21 November, 2014, 01:36:15 pm »
If I choose a start point and a destination OSMAnd will create a route and directions to follow.  I can add in roads to avoid (bit flakey) but I can't add in intermediate points (destinations) or roads that I would like to travel down.  I've tried to ask it avoid several roads to force it down a particular road but it just won't play ball.  Surely there is a way?

Any help muchly appreciated.

R

Re: OSMAnd Navigation Query
« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »
  • Long-press on intermediate point.
  • Tap the "Location:" bubble that pops up.
  • Tap "Add as waypoint"
  • Check the order in the dialog that pops up, then hit "OK".

« Reply #2 on: 21 November, 2014, 02:28:33 pm »
Thanks for that.  I thought I had tried that and it didn't work.  Just tried it and this time it did work ......but, it has routed me back down the same road to pick up the original route.

There must be something wrong in the routing info as 4 way points later it still won't let me route as I want!

R

« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2014, 02:35:14 pm »
Sounds like a fault with the map perhaps.  There are unfortunately 'bugs' in the OSM data sometimes where the map looks good but doesn't connect for routing purposes.  Have a look at the data on openstreetmap.org if you are familiar with it.

« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2014, 01:01:00 pm »
Further to the above, I have been investigating. 

I have two devices running OSMAnd.  A Playbook running 1.7.4 and a Moto E running 1.9.2.  Both have the same map loaded and I have entered the same start and destination into each.  The first image is the Playbook displaying as one would expect.  The second is the Moto E routing the long way round and the third has waypoints added in on the Moto to try and force the route down the road.  It is obvious that there is a hole in the road just before the patch of green.  My guess is that the map in the Moto is corrupted.  What think you?  Should I download a fresh copy?

The location is the A3 between Hook and Hartley Wintney

« Reply #5 on: 22 November, 2014, 01:54:20 pm »
I've just had a look at the data in OSM. It looks fine, so I would download the map again. 
Edit: OSMAND doesn't update it's version of OSM very often, I don't have your area, but for mine the latest version is  August 2014.
Edit again: That was havers, the latest update for all UK maps is 22Nov14, nothing wrong with that.