Author Topic: Didcot  (Read 167589 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Didcot
« Reply #200 on: 03 November, 2011, 09:06:26 pm »
Is it Matt, practising?

It did look a bit like him  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #201 on: 09 November, 2011, 12:02:54 pm »
Didcot is dull

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #202 on: 09 November, 2011, 12:42:40 pm »
Is it Matt, practising?
;D

Do they still call you Floatslikea ?

( Didcot now less dull - I think Jaded is long gone. )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

deliquium

« Reply #203 on: 09 November, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »
Didcot is dull

But not as foul smelling as when Samor had a food canning factory next to the park - trying to inhale Players No.6 at half time around the back of the pavillion in a thick fug of tinned prune juices was not pleasant - nor was it very enticing later on in the evening - "ere deliquium, I ain't snoggin' here, it stinks, can't we to go to your coal shed or somfink?"

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #204 on: 09 November, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »
Didcot is dusky. Also someone with an iPad got off the train.

Surely a mistake.

deliquium

« Reply #205 on: 09 November, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »
They might live in Blewbury?

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #206 on: 09 November, 2011, 04:45:11 pm »
Doh! Should have thought of that.

deliquium

« Reply #207 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »
Or they might have been going to sell their swag in the pub across the road? What clues where there in this person's appearance/strereotypical profile? I took my iBook to Didcot once to my dad's, to show him his house on Google Earth, but forgot that he doesn't have the internet - and even foolishly walking down the road with it, I couldn't pick up on anyone's connection - they all seemed to be happy kicking and shouting at their pitbulls whilst trying to remove weeds from the compleletely suspension dropped rusting heaps of Astras in the front gardens, and drinking/belching at the same time. Maybe the plague of screaching red kites will eventually start eating dogs and "humans"? Who knows what goes on down Kynaston Road  ::-)

deliquium

« Reply #208 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:25:21 pm »
Didcot Town FC won the first ever Hellenic League title in 1954. Here's a pic. My dad was the shortest ever centreforward in the history of the game.

I really like the way the photographer set up the shot so precisely - with the goalposts and penalty spot, foremost in his mind  ???

I think that's Sainsbury's car park now?

« Reply #209 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:28:08 pm »

Surely a mistake.
Changing trains, perhaps.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #210 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:32:52 pm »
he doesn't have the internet - and even foolishly walking down the road with it, I couldn't pick up on anyone's connection - they all seemed to be happy kicking and shouting at their pitbulls whilst trying to remove weeds from the compleletely suspension dropped rusting heaps of Astras in the front gardens, and drinking/belching at the same time. Maybe the plague of screaching red kites will eventually start eating dogs and "humans"? Who knows what goes on down Kynaston Road  ::-)
Pah! I have to fight my neighbours for a connection after 5pm, there's so many routers around me. Perhaps I should get a pitbull ...

I spotted some interesting graffiti in Kynaston Road recently. Written 2ft high on a garden wall - so passers-by could clearly read it, but the neighbour would have to walk round (if you see what I mean):

- Dog Killer Lives Here -

!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

deliquium

« Reply #211 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

I spotted some interesting graffiti in Kynaston Road recently. Written 2ft high on a garden wall - so passers-by could clearly read it, but the neighbour would have to walk round (if you see what I mean):

!

You'd have to be walking down Kynaston Road! What with driving over the speed bumps and up on the verges to avoid the vans! Is Kynaston Road the most van populated road in Britain? I used to walk and cycle that on my way to skool everyday - when I didn't go via Glebe and Abbott Road.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #212 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:49:59 pm »
Our estate doesn't allow trade vans (via the title deeds of the houses), so I guess that forces many of them over Kynaston way!

4 doors down there is a prominent trade van - owned by the LBS  ::-)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #213 on: 09 November, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »
[

!

Is that by any chance Dog Killer Kirby?

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #214 on: 09 November, 2011, 06:32:48 pm »

Surely a mistake.

They just had to sell the posh house to pay for the ipad.  :P
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #215 on: 10 November, 2011, 10:58:50 am »
Apparently the parking spaces at the station aren't big enough for 4x4 cars resulting in fines for motorists who 'overlap' into the neighbouring space

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #216 on: 10 November, 2011, 03:59:57 pm »
Apparently the parking spaces at the station aren't big enough for 4x4 cars resulting in fines for motorists who 'overlap' into the neighbouring space
Quite right too  :demon:
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #217 on: 13 November, 2011, 12:05:04 pm »
Yikes.  StB alone has 10% of annual Oxon suspensions

At Didcot’s all-boys St Birinus School, which last year had 1,229 pupils, there were 348 suspensions – about one for every four pupils. That made it the highest ratio of suspensions to pupils in the county.
In the last academic year, there were 3,471 county suspensions compared to 3,183 in 2009/10.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

deliquium

« Reply #218 on: 13 November, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »
I was suspended from being a prefect at St Birinus in 1970 :o  It was of course in Berkshire then ::-)

« Reply #219 on: 13 November, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »

Surely a mistake.

Sure it wasn't an 'Etch-a-Sketch'?   Hard to tell in the dullness of a Didcot evening ....

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #220 on: 14 November, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »

Surely a mistake.

Sure it wasn't an 'Etch-a-Sketch'?   Hard to tell in the dullness of a Didcot evening ....
And equally hard to use for a Didcotian.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

deliquium

« Reply #221 on: 14 November, 2011, 07:37:09 pm »
We Didcotonians are well 'ard. OK!

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
« Reply #222 on: 16 November, 2011, 09:06:38 am »
The correct word for people from Didcot is Wibaldestonians. Pronounced, naturally, "Wobbagens".
Not especially helpful or mature

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #223 on: 16 November, 2011, 05:38:56 pm »
I am about to go through Didcot for the second time of the day.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #224 on: 23 November, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »
Just thought Didcot would like to know that Abingdon may soon be going up in the world...

http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/news/hsabingdonnews/9376401.Bid_to_change_Abingdon___s_name/

;)

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson