Author Topic: Wheel and spoke fettling  (Read 1385 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Wheel and spoke fettling
« on: 14 February, 2018, 01:21:08 am »
I have aquired, in an "In the Family" negotiation, a Dahon Mu (Ermintrude).
Unfortunately it has been subjected to an attack of the Jonathon's! My 22 year old, 11 feet tall nephew, designed in the image of A FRIGGIN' GURT, HAIRY ROCK, and it's subtleties.
The spokes play like a washboard skiffle player on speed.
Is there anybody, within a reasonable distance of Lancastastaster, willing and able to Fettle them true? Happy to pay Caffeine Chips for any help. I have a definite styling plan for the bike, it'll look amazing I hope, but needs to be in usable condition.
Lemme know here, or PM.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
Re: Wheel and spoke fettling
« Reply #1 on: 14 February, 2018, 01:23:16 am »
I know, it's a Saddo thing but I name all my bikes and Trikes.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2 on: 14 February, 2018, 01:42:52 am »
Bring it . . .  ;D
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #3 on: 14 February, 2018, 01:44:22 am »
not close enough to help, but would mention that various dahon models are afflicted with 'stupid wheels' (which require special tools and parts) with which I have had some dealings.

It might help to post a picture of said wheels so that anyone knows what they are letting themselves in for.

cheers

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #4 on: 14 February, 2018, 11:49:35 pm »
Shall post pic's, tomorrow.

« Reply #5 on: 15 February, 2018, 03:46:00 pm »
not close enough to help, but would mention that various dahon models are afflicted with 'stupid wheels' (which require special tools and parts) with which I have had some dealings.

Interesting point. I never had to fettle with the wheels of my dahon, so never asked myself the question. To be honest, given the small diameter and large width of said wheels, I think I will have to try very hard to make them out of true.