Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897565 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4900 on: 30 September, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »
It might depend upon how you interpret the law as well as pragmatic common sense.

A legal person (individual or other such as a business for instance) is undeclared bankrupt at the point that they become unable to service their financial obligations.  Once declared bankrupt by the court then said legal person remains bankrupt until formally discharged. 

So legally she is a declared bankrupt. 

Entering into an IVA whilst declared bankrupt is extremely unusual because it can be interpreted as favouring one or more creditors over others and that is not seen as proper behaviour for a bankrupt.  The court decides who is to be paid exactly what, not the bankrupt.

The only way I can see this as being in any way valid is if the IVA relates to creditors not declared at the time of bankruptcy but is still highly unusual.

That's the case as I understand it.  But what is clear from the public records is that she was made bankrupt in November 2019 and the discharge of her bankruptcy has been suspended indefinitely.

I don't think she's helped her cause by taking numerous exotic holidays with the latest squeeze whilst stiffing her creditors.  Not surprised her insolvency practitioner lost patience with her...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

ian

« Reply #4901 on: 30 September, 2021, 03:22:39 pm »
I care very little about her financial status, I care that she seems to regularly drive at excessive speed, while using a mobile phone, while under the influence of drink, while under the influence of drugs, and generally all at the same time. She keeps repeating this behaviour and consistently tries to evade responsibility. This does more than suggest she simply has no sense of responsibility for her actions and any attempts she makes at contrition (such as dashing off to rehab) are merely staged.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #4902 on: 30 September, 2021, 03:30:28 pm »
I care very little about her financial status, I care that she seems to regularly drive at excessive speed, while using a mobile phone, while under the influence of drink, while under the influence of drugs, and generally all at the same time. She keeps repeating this behaviour and consistently tries to evade responsibility. This does more than suggest she simply has no sense of responsibility for her actions and any attempts she makes at contrition (such as dashing off to rehab) are merely staged.

Yes to all that - but if "the meeja" didn't report every breath she makes it may perhaps start to sort her out -  crushing the publicity craving.

The bloke on YT Voice of Reason had something to say about her in a couple of his takes yesterday (he's an arse too, but his points were valid)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #4903 on: 30 September, 2021, 03:42:39 pm »
She lives "next door" (i.e. in the adjacent big house) to some friends of ours. A right PITA, despised by all the locals, apparently - and that was before the recent incidents.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Regulator

« Reply #4904 on: 30 September, 2021, 03:47:37 pm »

Yes to all that - but if "the meeja" didn't report every breath she makes it may perhaps start to sort her out -  crushing the publicity craving.

The bloke on YT Voice of Reason had something to say about her in a couple of his takes yesterday (he's an arse too, but his points were valid)

I think there are aspects of both your positions.

I would think that there are mental health issues, crossed with a sense of entitlement, which in turn are both stoked and fed by media attention.

Green Party Councillor

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4905 on: 30 September, 2021, 03:48:25 pm »
I’d be curious to know how someone who has been declared bankrupt can afford to go into a private rehab clinic. Only because I’d like to send my daughter to a private Psyc unit but I can’t afford it. Actually I’d be happy for,her to receive NHS Psyc treatment, but that is not readily available these days.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Regulator

« Reply #4906 on: 30 September, 2021, 04:11:20 pm »
I’d be curious to know how someone who has been declared bankrupt can afford to go into a private rehab clinic. Only because I’d like to send my daughter to a private Psyc unit but I can’t afford it. Actually I’d be happy for,her to receive NHS Psyc treatment, but that is not readily available these days.

The Priory does offer NHS care.  Obviously it will depend very much on whether your CCG commissions the services or not.  Unfortunately, mental health services are still the Cinderella of the NHS.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #4907 on: 30 September, 2021, 04:13:42 pm »
Quote from: robgul

Ah, a thoroughly dislikable, racist misogynist self-serving, self-important CBE in my humble opinion who deserves mention in this thread primarily as a super twat imo.

An arse can indeed have a valid pov but I doubt that his motives behind those views were anything but misogynistic.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #4908 on: 01 October, 2021, 12:13:01 am »
It could've gone in a couple of threads in POBI, but it deserves a wider audience:

Nigel Farage complained he couldn’t get petrol and sympathy was in even shorter supply

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #4909 on: 01 October, 2021, 07:04:31 am »
The headline I saw said he'd been hit by a van in the course of his attempt to perform an important public service garner more publicity for himself, you can imagine my disappointment when I found out that it was his car that was hit and not him.  :)

No, it wouldn't have been funny if the unpleasant little toad had been hurt, but ...
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #4910 on: 01 October, 2021, 07:50:16 am »
Well I'm nominating Raab
Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab has suggested offenders who have been given community sentences could be used to address the country’s lack of HGV drivers

How about sorting out the DVLA, processing the tens of thousands of HGV applications stuck? Effing knob.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4911 on: 01 October, 2021, 09:06:31 am »
Rees-Mogg has crawled out from wherever it is he hides to tell us that the UK ‘can’t take any more tax if we are to have a strong economy’. (Torygraph front page) Well, he can fuck off back to his hole!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4912 on: 01 October, 2021, 09:18:58 am »
Well I'm nominating Raab
Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab has suggested offenders who have been given community sentences could be used to address the country’s lack of HGV drivers

How about sorting out the DVLA, processing the tens of thousands of HGV applications stuck? Effing knob.

There are tens of thousands of ordinary folk awaiting licence renewals, often for medical reasons.  I know somebody who has been waiting for over six months.  Without a licence they cannot drive at all. 

Tories only ever understand when it directly affects them.

« Reply #4913 on: 01 October, 2021, 09:25:10 am »
Tomorrow's headlines.
If I do x am I more likely to be re-elected ?
Will I benefit financially from x ?

It's hard not to form the impression that this is all they consider when determining what to do.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #4914 on: 05 October, 2021, 07:25:29 pm »
Oliver Dowden has no doubt appeared in this thread before.  (And if not, why the chuff not!)

This nomination is based on his speech to the Tory conference today.  Headline 'Get off your Pelotons and back to work'.  To paraphrase, go back to Victorian office based work patterns and management styles.  Ignore the benefits of regular exercise  and the flexibility offered by home working, assuming of course that you work in the sort of job where this is appropriate.  Such as a senior Civil Servant.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4915 on: 06 October, 2021, 12:11:57 pm »
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4916 on: 06 October, 2021, 12:17:48 pm »
Wow, Raab really is a stupid bellend.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/06/dominic-raab-confuses-meaning-of-misogyny-in-bbc-interview
I believe that stupidity is a prerequisite for ministerial selection, although only the truly stupid would actually agree to work in this government, so I suppose it’s self selecting.

ian

« Reply #4917 on: 06 October, 2021, 12:20:25 pm »
It quite often seems they're just turning up and saying shit. The days of briefings, alas, seem to be gone. But there's no consequence, they say anything, salt it with the usual lies, and move on.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4918 on: 06 October, 2021, 12:22:36 pm »
Speaking later on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, Raab acknowledged that the long backlog of cases in the courts was due partly to cuts in the criminal justice system, adding that he hoped it could be cleared within six to 12 months.

O RLY?  This Unit would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the vicinity of the perpetually-correct Julian when she heard that small slice of the bleedin' obvious.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #4919 on: 06 October, 2021, 12:30:31 pm »
Presumably, they're going to clear this with no actual new spending. May as well start commission documentaries about the forthcoming miscarriages of justice right now, there's going to be a lot of them.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4920 on: 06 October, 2021, 12:51:17 pm »
Presumably, they're going to clear this with no actual new spending. May as well start commission documentaries about the forthcoming miscarriages of justice right now, there's going to be a lot of them.

What, and defoliate the Magic Money Tree in these environmentally-straitened times?  Besides, they’re probably guilty of something.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4921 on: 06 October, 2021, 01:18:49 pm »
Prediction; they will clear the backlog by instructing the CPS not to proceed with certain classes of cases. Probably domestic abuse, rape etc.

IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES will they clear this by dropping the number of immigration cases. In fact, they will make last minute appeals illegal. (Hang on, haven't they done that?)
<i>Marmite slave</i>

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #4923 on: 06 October, 2021, 02:13:51 pm »
Wow, Raab really is a stupid bellend.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/06/dominic-raab-confuses-meaning-of-misogyny-in-bbc-interview

You flatter him.

Moronic minister aside, media reportage (can't really call it journalism) that says "appears to" or "is reported as saying" is rapidly becoming a pet hate of mine.

Did they bloody say it or not? Did they "appear to look confused", or did they lie through their fucking teeth? Arrggh.

Show me a news publisher which reports that "the Lord High Chancellor - Dominic Raab - displayed to the public his ignorance of what misogyny means when he said..." Substitute any minister, politician, person of power, and anything they spout.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #4924 on: 06 October, 2021, 03:54:25 pm »
Prediction; they will clear the backlog by instructing the CPS not to proceed with certain classes of cases. Probably domestic abuse, rape etc.

IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES will they clear this by dropping the number of immigration cases. In fact, they will make last minute appeals illegal. (Hang on, haven't they done that?)

Which, they may argue, is reducing the backlog!