Author Topic: [HAMR] Tarzan (Kurt Searvogel)  (Read 460848 times)

hillbilly

Re: Tarzan.
« Reply #1425 on: 26 February, 2015, 06:19:34 am »
Another 360km.  Clearly his legs haven't run out of batteries.

« Reply #1426 on: 26 February, 2015, 06:56:58 am »
His latest video suggests more tracker battery problems, and having to get one of the bikes re-built.  :-\
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #1427 on: 26 February, 2015, 02:14:29 pm »
Latest video they're making fun of the allegations that he's having it easy, ie avoiding hills, headwinds, cold temps etc.

« Reply #1428 on: 26 February, 2015, 02:26:35 pm »
Latest video they're making fun of the allegations that he's having it easy, ie avoiding hills, headwinds, cold temps etc.

I'm liking his sense of humour. His support / g-friend seems quite amusing too.

« Reply #1429 on: 26 February, 2015, 02:34:01 pm »

It's really too bad he doesn't have a film crew tagging along. It would make one hell of a documentary.

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #1430 on: 26 February, 2015, 03:45:54 pm »
... Sir Steve ...

Shouldn't that be Lord Teethgrinder of Marsh Gibbon!
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

« Reply #1431 on: 26 February, 2015, 05:58:58 pm »

It's really too bad he doesn't have a film crew tagging along. It would make one hell of a documentary.

Maybe that would persuade Alicia that she didn't need to film him out of the passenger window whilst driving the van  ::-)

« Reply #1432 on: 26 February, 2015, 09:22:53 pm »
... Sir Steve ...

Shouldn't that be Lord Teethgrinder of Marsh Gibbon!

Oh yes!!  ;D

« Reply #1433 on: 27 February, 2015, 12:16:50 am »
Last look at the tracker before popping off to bed and it looks like Kurt's dropping a big ride into the mix, currently showing in excess of 230miles so he may be going for a 250, wow  :o

« Reply #1434 on: 27 February, 2015, 01:55:32 am »
223 miles at 20.4mph. Another big day for Kurt.

« Reply #1435 on: 27 February, 2015, 07:06:32 am »
That's a bit odd, the Tracker was showing over 230 miles before Kurt stopped last night and it usually under reads, so was there a transfer by car in there somewhere ??  ???

« Reply #1436 on: 27 February, 2015, 08:36:29 am »

Sir Teethgrinder bart. 1st Baronette Steve Abraham of Marsh Gibbon.

Her Majesty the Queen can do this.

Blimey.

I knew she was good but didn't realise she had a talent for surgery.

« Reply #1437 on: 27 February, 2015, 10:30:45 am »
That's a bit odd, the Tracker was showing over 230 miles before Kurt stopped last night and it usually under reads, so was there a transfer by car in there somewhere ??  ???

I think the section from the mainland over to Cape Canaveral was done in the van - maybe cycling not allowed on that section or too dangerous.  That would account for the shortfall.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #1438 on: 27 February, 2015, 02:09:19 pm »
Phew, relieved about the Baronette correction, being a fellow Brooks saddle rider.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1439 on: 27 February, 2015, 02:42:06 pm »
The lordship of the manor is already owned.

“In 1883 it was purchased by Mr. Thomas H. Phipps, in whose family it remains.”

Does phixie otp have anything he'd like to confess?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #1440 on: 27 February, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »
I thought this was the Lord of the Jungle's thread ???

« Reply #1441 on: 27 February, 2015, 06:52:55 pm »
I thought this was the Lord of the Jungle's thread ???

I believe it was.

« Reply #1442 on: 27 February, 2015, 08:06:14 pm »
I quite like Tarzan from what I've seen in his videos. What spoils it for me is that Steve lobbied to have the ride recognised. He set out to do it in a very similar fashion to Tommy Godwin. Tarzan obviously decided that he could do better by riding within the rules.
It's a situation very similar to the Boardman / superman hour record. Chris decided to do it again using the equipment available to Eddy Merckx.
Let's see who prevails. Wonder if anyone will have a go next year!!!??? As soon as Marc Beaumont set the round the world record it was smashed.

« Reply #1443 on: 27 February, 2015, 08:31:24 pm »
records are there to be broken,

i think Kurts a great personality, and this time trial is better for him, a one horse race is dull to follow,

Wonder if anyone will have a go next year!!!???

doesn't have to be next year, its a rolling 365 day record, anyone can pick up at any time, could be people in the southern hemisphere waiting for summer to end before they start, as it a mega hot country riding through 2 winters is easier than riding through 2 summers

Grandad

• Once upon a time
« Reply #1444 on: 27 February, 2015, 10:59:27 pm »
could be people in the southern hemisphere waiting for summer to end before they start, as it a mega hot country riding through 2 winters is easier than riding through 2 summers

?? Surely only one of each in any consecutive 365 days. Presume the idea is to start halfway through summer so the heat is limited to the first 3 and final 3 months. Steve is doing exactly the opposite.

hillbilly

« Reply #1445 on: 28 February, 2015, 04:16:09 am »
Another 360km. He's landing some body blows at the moment, which whilst they won't land a knockout blow, at least softens up the opponent. 40km differentials against Steve, and heading towards Tommy pace from out the blocks.  Maybe he's building up a buffer because he knows Steve will come out swinging within a month or two.

It is also incredible how pan flat Florida is. I did a 30km evening ride which wasn't hunting out hills and that had not far off what he rolled over yesterday.  It's a well thought through strategy on his part focussed on victory. 

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1446 on: 28 February, 2015, 07:05:37 am »
Another 360km. He's landing some body blows at the moment, which whilst they won't land a knockout blow, at least softens up the opponent. 40km differentials against Steve, and heading towards Tommy pace from out the blocks.  Maybe he's building up a buffer because he knows Steve will come out swinging within a month or two.

It is also incredible how pan flat Florida is. I did a 30km evening ride which wasn't hunting out hills and that had not far off what he rolled over yesterday.  It's a well thought through strategy on his part focussed on victory. 
"Victory"? What the flying fuck are you talking about?
It is simpler than it looks.

hillbilly

« Reply #1447 on: 28 February, 2015, 07:17:36 am »
Settle down jaded.

Kurt is a ultra distance rider treating this as a race.  He's focussed on winning that race. 

Read a dictionary.  It might help understand what victory means.  And widen your vocabulary so it isn't so offensive.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1448 on: 28 February, 2015, 07:24:20 am »
"Race".

it isn't a race. As for the language, fuck off  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

LMT

« Reply #1449 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:29:19 am »
Another 223 miles on the board.  I thought Tarzan would be a little Jaded aftet Sebring but it appears not. Well on his way to Victory in this Ham'r race.

GO TARZAN!!