Author Topic: Do you have a blog?  (Read 544 times)

sam

Do you have a blog?
« on: 21 July, 2023, 05:31:45 pm »
Ever since Zuckerborg decimated the world of blogs, I've loved them all the more, and make a habit of visiting them whenever I see a likely link. This is mine – well, one of them. There's also this, which I don't update anymore.

I'd like to see yours, if you care to highlight it.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Do you have a blog?
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2023, 10:40:33 pm »
I used to, not mde an entry in several of years, dates back from when I was running ultramarathons, will check whether it still exists. 

I think the last entry is 3-4 years ago, shortly post SMIDSY
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2023, 01:24:00 pm »
I have considered starting a blog on one or two occasions. What platform/hosting would you recommend?
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 13 August, 2023, 01:59:25 pm »
I have one, or more, but for [reasons] they are currently offline.

I keep a hand-written almost-daily diary which I write each morning whilst the porridge is cooking. It's remarkably repetitititive and I doubt that it will do much to enlighten historians of the future. It might upset some members of my family if they ever get to read it after I've shuffled off this mortal coil. I started writing it in October 2020, partly because I was finding lockdown increasingly boring and I thought I would record how dull it was, and partly because I wanted to reacquaint myself with writing with a decent fountain pen using good ink on good-quality paper (tips hat to Woofage...).

Every so often I still write a Ride Report on here. Again, lots of repetitive stuff, but there are some lurking around which have given me an entertaining hour or so as I read through the stuff from some of our tours.
The loss of humanity I could live with.