Poll

Have you signed up to Mr Zuckerberg's walled garden?

Yes
No
Yes, but the details are false
Yes, but I never log in or anything

Author Topic: Are you on Facebook?  (Read 127552 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Are you on Facebook?
« Reply #500 on: 20 June, 2023, 01:37:03 pm »
When they say your account is deleted after 30 days, do they really mean it, or do they just sell everything on the dark web?

Also, they ask why you're leaving so I selected "I don't feel safe".  I don't feel safe from Facebook itself and its creepy-as-shit tracking (plus the unusable mobile site) but they just suggested ways to block Nasty People.  No, Zuck, YOU are the problem.

I can't imaging them actually deleting their precious data, shirley they'll just set a flag to disable the account.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #501 on: 20 June, 2023, 01:47:18 pm »
I hope that by deleting all the post, likes, photo etc I had on farcebook. Then wait 3 months to then delete the account helped in making it harder for them to milk my online footprint there.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #502 on: 11 August, 2023, 12:56:27 pm »
Fucken Facebook.

"We care about your online safety" - only, there is no way to report a scammer. 

My  mail to fb support

There are two parts to my question.

The first part is, how do you report scammers on Facebook?

The second part is, why is it so hard to find out? You claim to care about the security of users but when following the instructions to report a user, there is no option to report a scammer, despite Meta operating a "Marketplace" platform that appears rife with scammers. I have created some listings for sale and within minutes I was contacted by two overt scammers, the first who asked for payment for "insurance" the second who sent a fake email trying to fake Paypal, both overt, absolute, scams.

I was able to identify them, but clearly some do not, so reporting these users and having the profile they are using (which is possibly a genuine profile, hacked) blocked very quickly seems a fundamental security process you could implement. I reported the profile, but there was no way I could identify it as a scammer, and I received a reply virtually immediately saying nothing would be done. In this instance the profiles of the scammers were a Peterfi Laszlo and sando sandino

So, please tell me why don't you care about the users of Facebook, sufficiently to take  any action against scammers ?