Author Topic: a hill too far !  (Read 2341 times)

a hill too far !
« on: 01 January, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »
i went out for a little potter this afternoon on the lwb thorn bike with the intention of riding the local 1 in 7  near burnham beechs . i have recently got the bike back from nobby and it now has a 28 inner chainring on it when it had a 26 on before . now i know i can climb the 1 in 7 on the 28 as i have done it before . but i appear to have lost my bottle and i back early. has anyone else has a experience like this ? ,or is it just :)
the slower you go the more you see

Re: a hill too far !
« Reply #1 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:54:48 pm »
Looks like it is just you then ;D
Never knowingly under caffeinated

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:55:24 pm »
I think they made the hill steeper while you weren't looking ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #3 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:00:52 pm »
coming back from high wycombe this evening i got to the steepest part of wash hill a 1 in 7 and ground to a halt. it looks like they have made it steeper :o :'(. i will fit a 26 tooth inner and have another go  :thumbsup: .

« Reply #4 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:21:29 pm »
coming back from high wycombe this evening i got to the steepest part of wash hill a 1 in 7 and ground to a halt. it looks like they have made it steeper :o :'(. i will fit a 26 tooth inner and have another go  :thumbsup: .

As you run out of steam imagine that Liz is reaching for your wallet. That should get you over the top  :D
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Tiger

« Reply #5 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:35:46 pm »
Expect you went too fast at the bottom and drew too deep on your wind reserve.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #6 on: 04 January, 2009, 09:29:59 pm »
Believe me when I say that Cycleman definitely does NOT have a shortage of Wind :-X
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #7 on: 05 January, 2009, 08:17:19 pm »
that depends on what i am eating  O:-) ;D