Author Topic: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists  (Read 369431 times)

Julian

• samoture
Re: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists
« Reply #150 on: 20 June, 2010, 11:02:53 am »
In the Alps the other week, the French equivalent of WVM yelled "Putain!" out the window at me.  I assume he'd been driving in England too much and had picked up their bad habits.

« Reply #151 on: 20 June, 2010, 11:10:11 am »
Last week, from an Ingerland football fan dressed as a girl: "Darling, you know I've always loved you."

???

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #152 on: 20 June, 2010, 11:41:37 am »
Yesterday crossing Wimbledon Park a chap 'interviewed' me about the tennis running alongside whilst his friend recorded me on a Blackberry. When I reached the exit they asked if I minded coming back so they could do it again!

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #153 on: 20 June, 2010, 05:51:43 pm »
In the wilds of ?Wiltshire? on this morning's Nocturnal Warty, consisting of 4 conventional bikes and a recumbent (bringing up the rear (*) as usual):

"Oi! He's cheating - he's lying down".

(*) Insert Smut & Innuendo of Choice
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #154 on: 21 June, 2010, 06:40:45 pm »
This was one from last week, I remain puzzled.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEAs4Kjnp8]

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #155 on: 21 June, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »
This was one from last week, I remain puzzled.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIEAs4Kjnp8&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/OIEAs4Kjnp8&rel=1</a>

I believe that she is informing you that she is a Wanker.

I often have drivers informing me of this.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

« Reply #156 on: 21 June, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »
I think there must be some kind of soccerball tournament on, or something, because I got a loud toot from an airhorn through the window of passing Fiesta the other day. It didn't particularly bother me, though the hilarity of such an action is debatable. Usual troupe of simians inside.

Anyway, probably best not to do this if you about to be stopped by the red lights. A closer look distinguished them as Chavicus mater and I surmised they were probably driving mummy's car. Oddly when I pointed out that their car had a little plate attached to the rear that gave clearly identifying details and likely reception of a points-on-their-licence induced premium hike to mumsy's insurance, they revealed that the horn <mumble>must have gone off accidentally</mumble>.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #157 on: 01 September, 2010, 11:26:23 pm »
Had a new one today:

Filled-to-capacity chavmobile comes alongside as I'm proceeding at a respectable speed down the A441 towards Redditch, windows open.  The full complement of chavs then proceed to bark (as in imitating the sound that dogs make) '22' at me in morse, before the car accelerates off to join the queue at the junction up ahead.

I have no idea.   ???

And having instinctively responded with some sign language that needs no interpretation, I was somewhat nervous about pulling alongside them at the lights.  Wrecked my cycling mojo for the rest of the ride, that did.   >:(

Karmic retribution for the American in the left-hand-drive sports car who matched my speed and shouted "Recumbents forever!" to me on the ride back to Ely on Monday, I suppose.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #158 on: 01 September, 2010, 11:34:34 pm »
An old classic as I returned home from a Bank Holiday pootle with The Boy and Mrs. Hall

The dulcet tones of a feckless itinerant in his automobile as he hollered "Get off and milk it".

It filled me with a certain wossname. 
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #159 on: 01 September, 2010, 11:40:44 pm »
An old classic as I returned home from a Bank Holiday pootle with The Boy and Mrs. Hall

The dulcet tones of a feckless itinerant in his automobile as he hollered "Get off and milk it".

It filled me with a certain wossname. 

When you catch him at the lights you can tell him to get out and milk it.  ;D
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

border-rider

« Reply #160 on: 01 September, 2010, 11:49:02 pm »
Had a new one today:

Filled-to-capacity chavmobile comes alongside as I'm proceeding at a respectable speed down the A441 towards Redditch, windows open.  The full complement of chavs then proceed to bark (as in imitating the sound that dogs make) '22' at me in morse, before the car accelerates off to join the queue at the junction up ahead.

I have no idea.   ???

Plodder, Rottenhat and I encountered something like this on the Mille Cymru.  We were stopped at some temporary traffic lights in the depths of Cardiganshire, and the passenger of the car behind barked the whole time (several minutes) we were stopped.  I fear I'm missing out on a (sub)cultural phenomenon.

« Reply #161 on: 02 September, 2010, 04:57:02 am »
This only illustrates, as suspected, that the UK has gone to the dogs.

Barking mad perhaps :D
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #162 on: 02 September, 2010, 09:10:36 am »
Had one a few years ago as my friend and I were cycling through Amersham.  Chav from car looks over and shouts out 'Oy, got any milk mate?' and then proceeds to run into the stationery car in front of him! 

My mate and I had to pull over before we pi55ed ourselves laughing! ;D
Old enough to know better!

« Reply #163 on: 02 September, 2010, 09:19:26 am »
Had a new one today:

I have no idea.   ???

Plodder, Rottenhat and I encountered something like this on the Mille Cymru.  We were stopped at some temporary traffic lights in the depths of Cardiganshire, and the passenger of the car behind barked the whole time (several minutes) we were stopped.  I fear I'm missing out on a (sub)cultural phenomenon.

Quite obvious to me that they have heard how much fun dogging can be, but hailing from the parts they do are somewhat challenged in the understanding department. One bone short of a meal.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #164 on: 02 September, 2010, 10:59:30 am »
The full complement of chavs then proceed to bark (as in imitating the sound that dogs make) '22' at me in morse, before the car accelerates off to join the queue at the junction up ahead.

I have no idea.   ???

Perhaps they wanted to compare IQs
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #165 on: 03 September, 2010, 09:32:54 am »
Not exactly an 'oik' incident, but it made me smile -I'm sad like that . . .

Proceeding in a westerly direction along Sustrans One. Pass a group of three young men on bikes who remark to each other on my recumbent.

Half an hour later: Proceeding in an easterly direction, same route, see same three youths approaching from opposite direction. Lead youth remarks:

"Oh look, he's got one too!" . . . pause, during which a puzzled expresion appears on youth's face . . . "Or is it the same one coming back?"

For some reason that makes me howl with laughter. My wife remarks acidly that I never laugh at normal jokes, only stupid things no reasonable person would find funny.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #166 on: 03 September, 2010, 10:38:46 am »

Ah.  It's possible they may have been delivering a rendition of the refrain of the song "Who let the dogs out?", which does contain two sets of five barks.  So a childish insult to a female cyclist.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Martin

« Reply #167 on: 03 September, 2010, 12:04:07 pm »
I went over to Normandy in 2004 for D Day (595km; a sort of PBP taster) had no problems at all and was allowed to ride straight into all the closed off areas like Arromanches etc.

apart from one man in the back seat of a Scenic which passed me twice near Utah beach, he leant ridght out of the window and shouted a very vitriolic and angry few sentences at me both times (my French is not good enough to understand any of it); I was not even wearing any form of UK- identifiable gear.

very odd and completely out of character for France

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #168 on: 03 September, 2010, 12:16:14 pm »
Ah.  It's possible they may have been delivering a rendition of the refrain of the song "Who let the dogs out?", which does contain two sets of five barks.  So a childish insult to a female cyclist.

Ah-ha!  I'd recycled the neurons for that song.  That makes about as much sense as anything's likely to, and would be entirely consistent with the flavour of oik involved.  It's certainly de rigueur to shout sexist abuse at random women in the street around here, though that imperative usually gets overridden by the WTF-factor when I'm on the 'bent.

:facepalm:   >:(

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #169 on: 03 September, 2010, 12:29:11 pm »

apart from one man in the back seat of a Scenic which passed me twice near Utah beach, he leant ridght out of the window and shouted a very vitriolic and angry few sentences at me both times (my French is not good enough to understand any of it); I was not even wearing any form of UK- identifiable gear.

very odd and completely out of character for France

This is obviously going back a bit, but when my mother was a student, she stayed with a French family one summer.  When they went out for a family drive, if they ever saw a female cyclist, the entire family would wind down their respective windows and yell "Poupée" at her, often with the result that the victim would wobble off the road.  Apparently, they objected to female cyclists because they wore shorts, which this family considered too immodest.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #170 on: 27 September, 2010, 02:00:26 pm »
On Saturday, in Tonna, Neath, from one of a pair of approx 12-year-old-boys: "On yer bike sexy!".  Given that, in addition to the lycra I was wearing cap, gilet and sandals, the last bit was self-evident.  But, but.. I was already on my bike!

« Reply #171 on: 27 September, 2010, 02:41:14 pm »
I was on the receiving end of the classic "yrrghghwwgghggghh" this morning, accompanied by gestures. I'm not normally bothered, but the naked aggression on the yrrghghwwgghggghh-er really p!ssed me off.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #172 on: 27 September, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »
On Saturday, as the three Recumbents of the Apocalypse descended like a wolf on the fold (*) into the outskirts of Dolgellau, one of the local sîaf (**) lads shouted "I want one!"

Were it not for the facts that a) I was working quite hard to keep up, and b) it would have been wholly inappropriate, I would have shouted back "So do I, but they're both spoken for."

(*) In view of the later fox/chickens interface scenario, this may not be the most tactful simile to use.
(**) See what I've done?  I've faked the Welsh word for chav.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #173 on: 27 September, 2010, 04:43:10 pm »
Were it not for the facts that a) I was working quite hard to keep up, and b) it would have been wholly inappropriate, I would have shouted back "So do I, but they're both spoken for."

;D

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #174 on: 27 September, 2010, 04:50:57 pm »

;D

Very good, but I'm afraid I've just spent several minutes of my life trying to explain this joke to Mrs. Wow but have given up in desperation.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.