Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1626356 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #4200 on: 13 December, 2013, 05:29:04 pm »
Dear Wiggle,

Thank you so much for you recent email informing me that you are opening a pop-up shop 'down the road' from me. Please note:
1) 20 miles by the shortest route is not just 'down the road' if you don't have a car.
2) Amersham is UP the road,
3) I have stopped using you as a result of your h****t promotion antics.

Have a nice weekend!
Hxx

« Reply #4201 on: 13 December, 2013, 09:44:02 pm »
The flat downstairs have a water soaked ceiling.  The plumber has just been up to take a look in my bathroom and says it's the toilet cistern leaking into the ceiling void.  He's turned it off and he hasn't got the parts in to fix it.  He might come back tomorrow, but as it's not an emergency, it might be Monday.  However, the builders put in bathrooms imported from Italy, so the parts might need to be shipped.  Not an emergency!? I've got no f***ing toilet.  >:(

He's left a hole behind the toilet where the pipes were boxed in, and the bloody cats keep getting in it.  I won't be impressed if they fall through the bloody ceiling into the flat downstairs.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #4202 on: 13 December, 2013, 10:55:22 pm »
You have got a toilet, you just have no flush, use a bucket of water instead.

« Reply #4203 on: 14 December, 2013, 08:35:01 am »
I'm using a bucket (actually a washing up bowl - I don't own a bucket), but it doesn't work that well.  Either splashes everywhere, or doesn't flush anything away.  I might use it to fill the cistern and then flush it.

On the plus side, the cats haven't fallen through the ceiling yet.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4204 on: 14 December, 2013, 10:42:01 am »
Get a bucket!
A standard 2 gallon/9 litre bucket will flush everything away without unwanted splashing.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4205 on: 14 December, 2013, 10:53:23 am »
Even an enormous bucket of water failed to flush the mother of all bowel evacuations I executed this morning ...at first.  *Hot* water did the trick.

TMI, I know.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #4206 on: 14 December, 2013, 11:23:40 am »
O2,

FFS, sort it out.  When you kno that you're not entitled to the money and you tell me today that you intend to take it anyway in 14 days, why do you think that I think that you are thieving scum?

Perhaps I should instruct my bank not to honour the DD as it is not for the correct amount?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4207 on: 14 December, 2013, 11:43:26 am »
Even an enormous bucket of water failed to flush the mother of all bowel evacuations I executed this morning ...at first.  *Hot* water did the trick.

TMI, I know.

Bogstoppers usually shift after the third or fourth flush IME...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #4208 on: 14 December, 2013, 08:37:52 pm »
O2,

FFS, sort it out.  When you kno that you're not entitled to the money and you tell me today that you intend to take it anyway in 14 days, why do you think that I think that you are thieving scum?

Perhaps I should instruct my bank not to honour the DD as it is not for the correct amount?

Write to them and inform them that they may borrow money from you at 100%/day interest.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4209 on: 15 December, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
I was assaulted earlier by a bloody onion.

Rummaging in the veg. box earlier, I felt a pinprick on the end of my thumb.  No idea how the effing vegetable has done it, but I now have what feels like a splinter in the same spot.  I can even see a little black spot.

Must check with mrs_o where the triffidis allium came from.  Assuming i survive until she gets back.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #4210 on: 16 December, 2013, 02:54:39 am »
Still awake. Got to be up in less than 3 hours.
Tomorrow's going to be splendid.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #4211 on: 16 December, 2013, 08:18:12 am »
Yeah, I'm suffering a bit of sleep dep which is making me hideously dizzy...  Hope you survive your sleep depped day.

« Reply #4212 on: 16 December, 2013, 09:27:19 am »
Splitting headache (to go with the one the meds are giving me), real coffee (which will give me unwanted loo-running side effects) and today is just grand.

And I managed to smack myself in the face with the handlebars when doing the daily 'cross at the station.

Sigh.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #4213 on: 16 December, 2013, 09:47:54 am »
Lurgy, please fuck off.

Kthxbai.

« Reply #4214 on: 16 December, 2013, 11:20:55 am »
It's all going a bit shite today.
Just had a phone interview where they told me having a car is a requirement for the position. I asked why.
In case I have to go to the bank.
Which is (drum roll please) 2.1km from the office.
Needless to say, I withdrew my interest (which was admittedly pretty small to start with).
FFS.

« Reply #4215 on: 16 December, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »
Thought:  Having bought a load of cheap CO2 canisters I consider buying another CO2 inflator so as to have one in the bag I put on the MTB as well one I carry in the Carradice for the road bike.

Would prefer another Air Chuck - or maybe a Lezyne.
Can you buy just the inflator ?  Nope
You have to buy it with the CO2 - and most of the big retailers who might offer it at a discount won't any more cos RM won't let them send compressed gas by post.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4216 on: 17 December, 2013, 09:56:30 am »
Running. Why is it banned in the playground? Ridiculous.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #4217 on: 17 December, 2013, 10:20:36 am »
Heart attack risk to couch potatoes.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #4218 on: 17 December, 2013, 10:31:31 am »
Apparently it's because yesterday was wet and kids might slip over and hurt themselves.  ::-) I suspect someone has a stealth mission to create a generation of little anarchists. ( :thumbsup: :D)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4219 on: 17 December, 2013, 12:07:13 pm »
Running. Why is it banned in the playground? Ridiculous.

OMG.  Makes me feel all Daily Maily.  Elfin safety gone sad.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4220 on: 17 December, 2013, 12:52:04 pm »
Seriously, has any school really banned running in the playground, or is it just specific games?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #4221 on: 17 December, 2013, 12:55:57 pm »
Yes this is a done thing and they also have rain days. Where all play is done indoors because it is wet outside and we are not talking monsoon, just typical British rain.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #4222 on: 17 December, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
Rain days happened even when I was at school, but we called it wet break or something similar. I can't remember how much rain triggered wet break, but it definitely had to be more than drizzle.

What happened yesterday was it had been raining, the playground was wet and therefore could be slippery - and it's on quite a slope - he was playing a game of tag, which obviously involves running, and he was nabbed by one of the "PTAs" (I think they're actually called SLAs), told no running when it's wet and made to stand on the naughty wall for five minutes (standard punishment). Then at the end of break all the naughty wall standers have to go to the office and explain themselves, apparently he was told "no punishment for that". So it all sounds like a case of an overzealous SLA - but of course I only have his word for this, there might well be more to it. He was still very upset about it at the end of school though.

Running is not generally forbidden, the kids do play tag, football and even British Bulldog although that is banned due to (I think) smaller kids getting knocked over. Top Trumps are also banned! Either because the cards were getting lost or they were causing fights - or perhaps it was causing fights when kid A loses kid B's cards.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4223 on: 18 December, 2013, 01:38:41 pm »
^^^Symbionese Liberation Army???  :o
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4224 on: 18 December, 2013, 01:47:40 pm »
Own grumble: Happily grating spuds for lunchtime rösti: wife looks over and says "you can do that in 5 seconds with the food processor". "OK", say I. Wife exhumes FP from drawer and starts fishing out bits. Then the fun starts. It's a Bosch/Boche/Botch with multiple fittings, it's practically new and in a fit of Teutonic intelligence B/B/B didn't put in an instruction book: they put a bunch of videos on the Internet.  So we have the choice of arsing off to the computer or sussing it out.  Latter path chosen. One 3D jigsaw and 15 minutes later the first spud goes in, 16 minutes later they're all done. We dismantle the machine and wife sets about washing the bits. Another 5 minutes lost on her part. By hand I'd maybe have taken another 5 minutes.

Guess why machine is still as new after almost a year?
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight