Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1165726 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3750 on: 22 April, 2011, 06:17:55 pm »
I have a new keyboard, bobb is here and on Sunday we are going to make profiteroles. Could today be any better? Even the miserable haar is beautiful when you have bobb to share it with.  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #3751 on: 22 April, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »
I've done some planting and the garden looks lovely.

« Reply #3752 on: 22 April, 2011, 06:33:57 pm »
I've done some planting and the garden looks lovely.

+1.  Sitting in a deckchair with a beer, listening to the news quiz while Mrs Mike is in the shower then we're off to the pub :)

a GOOD friday.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3753 on: 23 April, 2011, 12:50:13 pm »
one of mrs. jogler's chocolate cakes has escaped from the freezer.
Homity pie & nanny's chicken are being prepared in readiness for the arrival of the Blackpool contingent of Clanjogler,tomorrow :)

« Reply #3754 on: 24 April, 2011, 05:26:23 pm »
It's Easter Sunday so I'm drinking coffee again! Opened the packet of Lewis and Cooper's house blend I've been saving and have indulged, several times. What's more, it's nearly a year till Lent comes round again and I'm told what I'm giving up.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3755 on: 26 April, 2011, 12:16:03 am »
My pension has gone up! According to my pension statement, I pay less tax on it and it's had a reasonable percentage increase.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3756 on: 26 April, 2011, 11:43:32 am »
The best news is I got home last night from camping with a wonderful woman, and tomorrow night we'll be packing the kit again! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3757 on: 26 April, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »
I have managed, for the first time in nearly 3 weeks, to have a full shave today.   :thumbsup:
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3758 on: 26 April, 2011, 03:34:20 pm »
:thumbsup:
Getting there...

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #3759 on: 26 April, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »
It's Easter Sunday so I'm drinking coffee again! Opened the packet of Lewis and Cooper's house blend I've been saving and have indulged, several times. What's more, it's nearly a year till Lent comes round again and I'm told what I'm giving up.

Lent ends on Palm Sunday. You're a week late.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3760 on: 26 April, 2011, 03:46:30 pm »
My GPS app has been deemed suitable for sale by the Jobsian App Review Mafia ;D

Now to find out how to get the promo codes so that my loyal testing team don't have to pay for it :)

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #3761 on: 26 April, 2011, 03:57:26 pm »

Now to find out how to get the promo codes so that my loyal testing team don't have to pay for it :)

Cool!  Do you have an App Store link, or at least a name to search, for the rest of us?
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3762 on: 26 April, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »

Cool!  Do you have an App Store link, or at least a name to search, for the rest of us?
The app is called "Rubidium" but I'm informed that the App Store link may take up to 24hrs to become live. I do get 50 promo codes which allow a free download (the app is priced at £1.19) - I've set 10 of these aside for my testing team, so there are potentially 40 up for grabs.

The 'support' site (which evidently got the Fruit Company's seal of approval) is at interzen.co.uk::iOS Apps - I'll put the App Store link up there when I know what it is.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3763 on: 27 April, 2011, 10:21:21 am »
My LTD company's bank details have finally arrived!

this is very very good news as it means I can start getting paid!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3764 on: 27 April, 2011, 10:28:45 am »
My mother appears to be improving. Septicaemia halted maybe even retreating. Possibly going home in a few days before starting chemotherapy again. tbh I don't know how she carries on.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3765 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »
I have a Half Man Half Biscuit gig in Leicester tomorrow evening. Not only that, but they are playing Leamington (2 miles away) in September & Bilston (25 miles away) in January next year.

I shall dig out my Fred Titmus shirt (There's only one 'S' in Titmus!) for the occasion and wear it with due reverence.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3766 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:50:37 pm »
Fuckin Ell!
Getting there...

« Reply #3767 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:52:31 pm »
I shall be mightily irked if they don't play it tomorrow, me being a purist and all that...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

spindrift

« Reply #3768 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:57:34 pm »
I used to spend ages in a lovely 2nd hand bookshop in Cecil Court, off Charing X Rd (where they filmed the Yellow Pages J R Hartley ad). The owner, Nigel Williams has died and they auctioned his stock. One lot was unsold so I offered a post-sale bid for a lot of 120 first editions including a signed Elmore Leonard. My bid was succesful. I've just paid for 120 hardback first editions, 5 shelves' worth, for less than a pound a book. Huzzah!

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3769 on: 27 April, 2011, 01:30:18 pm »

Cool!  Do you have an App Store link, or at least a name to search, for the rest of us?
The app is called "Rubidium" but I'm informed that the App Store link may take up to 24hrs to become live. I do get 50 promo codes which allow a free download (the app is priced at £1.19) - I've set 10 of these aside for my testing team, so there are potentially 40 up for grabs.

The 'support' site (which evidently got the Fruit Company's seal of approval) is at interzen.co.uk::iOS Apps - I'll put the App Store link up there when I know what it is.

It's there now!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3770 on: 27 April, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »
2009 Ford Mustang V6: 210 bhp.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 305 bhp.

Result :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3771 on: 27 April, 2011, 03:37:48 pm »
I have managed, for the first time in nearly 3 weeks, to have a full shave today.   :thumbsup:

Does not compute.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Tim

« Reply #3772 on: 27 April, 2011, 03:42:07 pm »

If only you had a closed section of straight road to see how fast you could make it go...

« Reply #3773 on: 27 April, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »

If only you had a closed section of straight road to see how fast you could make it go...

Oh gods, he's not in the land of HPVing again, is he?
Actually, it is rocket science.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #3774 on: 27 April, 2011, 04:17:30 pm »
Just got a text from my sister (she had been down to Swansea last week-end and had been cycling for the first time in 6 years):

I cycled 6.7 miles around Richmond Park last night, fooking knackering! xxx

:D