Author Topic: Cordless wet and dry handheld vac for van footwells and . . .  (Read 1067 times)

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
After 8 years of just cycling transport, I've finally rejoined the moton club. Completely forgot how much crap (wee stones mainly) ends up in the footwell + the little Berlingo van lives under a huge sequoia which is dropping needles down me bonnet/windscreen gaps, blocking drain holes. It all requires a daily removal. It's a right pain removing said pine needles under the bonnet with a paint brush and fingers. So I'd like to suck 'em up if possible. Would probably like a narrow nosed thing.

As with most things, the choice seems totally ovewhelming :-\

Any recommendations?

Re: Cordless wet and dry handheld vac for van footwells and . . .
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2020, 04:33:10 pm »
Might be easier to have a piece of tarp, perhaps held in place using magnets, covering the vents on the bonnet.

ETA M'Julie swears by her cordless Dyson (I think it is a high end spendy one, rather than entry level)

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2020, 05:46:44 pm »
^ briefly thought about some sort of covering whilst the worst of needle shedding occurs, but figured faff - however, didn't think magnets  8)

« Reply #3 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:00:54 pm »
^ briefly thought about some sort of covering whilst the worst of needle shedding occurs, but figured faff - however, didn't think magnets  8)
Magnets are cool  8)
Go to Bisbell Magnets for all of your magnet requirements

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:05:30 pm »
Nothing cordless has the necessary grunt (excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk) so a decent Henry and a nozzle attachment is the way to go.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:18:21 pm »
Nothing cordless has the necessary grunt (excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk) so a decent Henry and a nozzle attachment is the way to go.

What about the offerings from the molishers of cordless power tools, rather than those aimed at the domestic market?

« Reply #6 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:20:34 pm »
excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk

I can report my Dyson* has nothing resembling grunt. You have to put it on battery sapping "MAX" mode to get "barely adequate for lifting pre-brushed dust off a laminate floor".

(* I say mine, I found it dumped on someone's front wall after they'd completely blocked the carpet brush attachment with cat hair and given up on it)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:23:05 pm »
excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk

I can report my Dyson* has nothing resembling grunt. You have to put it on battery sapping "MAX" mode to get "barely adequate for lifting pre-brushed dust off a laminate floor".

MIL has one of those, and thinks it's brilliant.  She keeps asking if I'd like one...   :hand:

Barakta fobbed her off with "If Kim wants a cordeless vac, she'd get a Makita one, to use the same batteries as her other tools."

I have no car, no children, and no pets.  And a perfectly good mains-powered vacuum cleaner.

« Reply #8 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:26:34 pm »
Chainsaw and cut down the sequoia.  :demon:

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #9 on: 28 July, 2020, 08:26:26 pm »
Chainsaw and cut down the sequoia.  :demon:

It's at least a hundred feet tall  ;)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #10 on: 28 July, 2020, 08:42:46 pm »

You can get a cordless henry

« Reply #11 on: 30 July, 2020, 10:08:57 am »
+1 for a Henry dedicated to garage and car duty. You can pick them up second hand at good prices and complete new hose and nozzle kits are cheap.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.