Author Topic: Eurovision's got The Hump  (Read 7231 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Eurovision's got The Hump
« Reply #25 on: 03 March, 2012, 10:15:14 am »
I doubt Hump has any voice left at 75 (Sinatra was bloody awful in his later years, even if you are in the camp that thought he really bothered singing when he was younger), but I may well watch for the lulz.

There's no particular reason why his voice should have failed. 75 is still pretty young. I was chatting to a guy at our choir on Tuesday and he's 81. I doubt that he's the oldest either - given that I'm certainly in the youngest 20% and may well be in the youngest 10% who turn up. My dad was 92 when he died and it was only in his last 2 years or so that his previously very strong voice lost its power.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #26 on: 03 March, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »
I hope he'll perform this one:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPTXVqETBM4&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xPTXVqETBM4&rel=1</a>
I love that film.  The kids want to watch it but I've forbidden them until they're 14 - too many jokes about "whacking off" in Tom Anderson's toolshed/trailer.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #27 on: 04 March, 2012, 10:57:35 am »
Remember, this is the man who kept Strawberry Fields Forever off the number one spot. He's a sure-fire winner.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #28 on: 08 March, 2012, 04:19:23 pm »
Looks like the Russian arm of his fan club will be there as well.

It's lining up to be the best ESC ever.

;D

AndyK

« Reply #29 on: 08 March, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »
I'm devastated. I was desperately hoping Russia would go this way…  :-\

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #30 on: 08 March, 2012, 04:34:38 pm »
Where did he buy those teeth?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #31 on: 08 March, 2012, 10:07:28 pm »
I'm devastated. I was desperately hoping Russia would go this way…  :-\
Oh no, he'll have the simultaneous translators tied up in knots!

...of hysterics.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #32 on: 09 March, 2012, 02:23:21 am »
If anyones interested, we'll as ever be holding a eurovision viewing at the town hall via iplayer or something HD onto a 5m screen and turnt upto 11 for lulz. Also promise to actually be setup by the start this year lol.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #33 on: 22 March, 2012, 06:09:47 pm »
marj has just referred to The Hump as" Marmite Man.You either love him or hate him."

She doesn't like Marmite either.

« Reply #34 on: 24 March, 2012, 09:50:41 pm »
Humpy will attract a new audience, though.  He's a really good singer, after all.  No one should be embarrassed to admit that!
Indeed. It's a long time since the UK entered anyone in Eurovision who had a half-decent voice, & could sing in tune. I'm not a fan of Mr Humperdinck (though I'm impressed that someone born in 1854 is still capable of singing at all, let alone melodiously), either as a singer or composer (admit it: none of you think much of Hansel und Gretel), but he's a vast improvement on the talentless no-hopers picked by committees for whose members mediocrity is an aspiration, singing indistinguishable & utterly unmemorable committee-chosen feeble excuses for songs, set to computer-generated boring pap to which the appellation 'music' is both inappropriate, & an insult to the vast body of real music that has aroused emotion in billions for thousands of years.

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897