Author Topic: AUK website  (Read 6130 times)

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
AUK website
« on: 28 March, 2018, 04:01:05 pm »
Is the AUK website down?

www.aukweb.net

Andy Corless

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: AUK website
« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2018, 04:05:49 pm »

Andy Corless

« Reply #2 on: 28 March, 2018, 04:07:27 pm »
Thanks. I've sent an e-mail to the person who I think deals with it.

Andy Corless

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »
It's just gone down again just as I'm trying to get a start list for my event on Saturday  :(

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #4 on: 29 March, 2018, 12:49:12 pm »
Drat.  2 in 2 days isn't good.  ... aaand the hosting company can't be contacted

If things aren't resolved tomorrow there should be a backup server made available so you can retrieve the start lists.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Martin

« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2018, 01:02:00 pm »
Drat.  2 in 2 days isn't good.  ... aaand the hosting company can't be contacted

If things aren't resolved tomorrow there should be a backup server made available so you can retrieve the start lists.

Thanks; I've got most riders saved in Excel can manually add the others. Entries closed anyway (perils of allowing last minute entries a week after ordering cards of which I have now run out) although I temporarily reopended them before the site went down

« Reply #6 on: 29 March, 2018, 03:27:06 pm »
Riding a 300 DIY by GPS tomorrow, but AUK website is down and I am unable to enter.

Have emailed my DIY organiser (Chris Smith) with details and GPS file in the hope that this can be accepted as entry. Anybody have any experience of this, and any thoughts on the subject?

Martin

« Reply #7 on: 29 March, 2018, 03:38:38 pm »
it's back up; hurry before it goes down again!

« Reply #8 on: 29 March, 2018, 03:47:47 pm »
it's back up; hurry before it goes down again!

Thanks Martin, I'm all sorted.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #9 on: 29 March, 2018, 03:50:04 pm »
Riding a 300 DIY by GPS tomorrow, but AUK website is down and I am unable to enter.

Have emailed my DIY organiser (Chris Smith) with details and GPS file in the hope that this can be accepted as entry. Anybody have any experience of this, and any thoughts on the subject?

We're all reasonable men. Mostly. Just put in an email what you'd expect to provide on line and we'll sort the details out once the systems up.

Chris S

« Reply #10 on: 29 March, 2018, 04:16:30 pm »

It'll be fine :)

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #11 on: 29 March, 2018, 04:17:42 pm »
When the web server's going through a flakey period (and after all, it is a Bank Holiday weekend coming up, so it's kinda traditional) it is actually the by-GPS entries that are most likely to fall through the cracks.  This is because whilst data (such as a normal event entry) is backed up to a 2nd server instantly, the files structure including any uploaded files is only synched once per day.

We will publish the address for the 2nd server if things get bad over the weekend.

Andy Corless

« Reply #12 on: 01 June, 2018, 10:10:43 am »
Is the AUK website down?

Andy Corless

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #13 on: 01 June, 2018, 10:25:11 am »
AUK has plenty of money. Should review hosting options. In the current climate anything less than nearly 100% availability causes friction.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #14 on: 01 June, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »
All hosting companies claim 100% uptime, so any change is just a pig in a poke.

Andy Corless

« Reply #15 on: 01 June, 2018, 01:09:58 pm »
Not sure who deals with it these days but I'm presuming the people who need to know have been told?

Andy Corless

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #16 on: 01 June, 2018, 01:15:40 pm »
Must be that Guardian article driving traffic and interest!

It would be good for the Audax UK social media streams to let people know we're experiencing unusual demand on the website but we hope to be back up soon.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #17 on: 01 June, 2018, 01:21:19 pm »
Must be that Guardian article driving traffic and interest!

It would be good for the Audax UK social media streams to let people know we're experiencing unusual demand on the website but we hope to be back up soon.

Certainly many colleagues at work spotted me as the man in yellow in the photo a la depart... that blog must have quite a few readers!

whosatthewheel

« Reply #18 on: 01 June, 2018, 02:11:12 pm »
it's back

Andy Corless

« Reply #19 on: 30 March, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »
Is the AUK website down?

Andy Corless

« Reply #20 on: 30 March, 2019, 03:31:08 pm »
Is the AUK website down?

Andy Corless

;D  ;D

Yep, engine room,  more steam from the boiler. Bridge out

;D  ;D
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Andy Corless

« Reply #21 on: 30 March, 2019, 09:40:13 pm »
Website back on.  :thumbsup:

Andy Corless

« Reply #22 on: 09 May, 2019, 10:24:22 am »
The site is currently hanging on loading because it has to wait for the custom "Roboto" font to load from fontlibrary.org. I just timed it at eighty-two seconds for this one request (on fibre broadband).

It's not normally this bad, but it's always *bad*. Can we use Helvetica/Arial please?

« Reply #23 on: 09 May, 2019, 05:07:57 pm »
Surely this would be better asked on the AUK forum? Remember, this is not an official AUK forum, and may not be viewed by the person who might be able to consider your request (which seems a sensible request to me if it is causing accessibility issues).

« Reply #24 on: 09 May, 2019, 05:25:45 pm »
Just ask the hamster to run faster :demon: