General Category > Racing

Ronde Van Vlaandern

(1/4) > >>

FifeingEejit:
I seem to be in possession of
an interrail pass
a eurostar ticket
a confusing instruction as to where to find the bus to Kortrijk since NMBS have shut the line at Mouscon
and a hotel booked in Kortrijk for the 30th and 31st of March (plus many others after that)

Which means I'm suspiciously close to Oudenarde (I also live reasonably close to an Oudenarde as well but not that one)

What I need to know is

Is it worth the long walk out to the Kopperberg over Oude Kwarmont/Patterberg which has free buses from Oudenaarde
Or if I get the bus what's better to watch at Kwarmont or Patterberg?

ran doner:
I’ve only been to koppenberg for thé cross and always thought it would be tight for space.

Kwaremont seems to get busier each year but at least you have a flat central square and a much longer drag to find a spot and repeated pass throughs.

Only time at Paterberg was mid ride but again seems like there might be lack of space.

Interested to hear others thoughts. One thing for sure is the finish has to be the worst place to end up.

FifeingEejit:
The only advantage I could see to hanging around oudenaarde is they do pass a few times and big telly.

I fully expect to need to use my height and pointy elbows to my advantage.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

ran doner:
There is a big screen in Oude Kwaremont square and I presume at Koppenberg also.

cygnet:
Koppenberg comes late in the race (44km to go) for both women and men and is a single ascent for each
On Kwaremont the women also only pass once, the men 3 times, once early on
Paterberg is the last climb in the womens race, the men go up twice
For maximum race passage that suggests Kwaremont is the most optimal.
With a closer look at the routes and start times it might be possible to get from Kwaremont to Paterberg and back for the final mens ascent.
 It will take a lot of buses to get everyone off the hillside though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version