Author Topic: Satmap Active 10  (Read 21266 times)

Re: Satmap Active 10
« Reply #50 on: 18 July, 2016, 06:46:27 pm »
I'm also wondering about using my B6AC+ battery charger to charge the battery, without using the Satmap itself (so I can charge two batteries at once).

The B6AC is perfectly capable of being configured to charge the Satmap's battery (which is just a fairly standard 3.7V 2.7Ah Lithium Polymer battery), but I'm not sure what the connector is, and it'll require a certain amount of luck and searching to determine that.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #51 on: 18 July, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »
Note the last line on the ProSHIELD page - "Please note: The ProSHIELD BIKE does not protect against total immersion in water."
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #52 on: 18 July, 2016, 10:00:13 pm »
Note the last line on the ProSHIELD page - "Please note: The ProSHIELD BIKE does not protect against total immersion in water."

Which does make Satmap quoting it as being IP67 somewhat hilarious !

I never expected it would provide that level of protection.  My Garmin Virb Elite can supposedly be operated underwater, but I'm not keen to test that.  ;D

« Reply #53 on: 18 July, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »
It's the non-bike protective case which is immersible, and for that one they do quote IP67. I can't see any mention of IP67 on the page for the bike case.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #54 on: 19 July, 2016, 11:19:31 am »
It's the non-bike protective case which is immersible, and for that one they do quote IP67. I can't see any mention of IP67 on the page for the bike case.

Ah fair enough, my bad.

With a bicycle the main issue is going to be rain blown into the bike from the front, which may be an issue depending on the orientation of the unit's base.  The issues I've had with water getting into the "joystick" was from more vertical ingress using it in light rain, when the rubber cover had become compromised from wear.

I'll look at it, when it arrives, and see if it will be helpful to put a little self amalgamating tape around the periphery of that hole, but I'm just hoping the case will make things better, and definitely not immersible!  (unless something goes seriously wrong with my bicycle route. :o ;D ).

« Reply #55 on: 07 March, 2020, 07:23:31 pm »
Apologies for being very late to this party but I have just picked up a secondhand Active 10 plus to have a play around with.  I assumed I was getting a unit with only the basemap installed as there is no SD card.  However, I found what appears to be a full UK 1:50000 OS map when I zoom in beyond the base map and then through the road map.  Just curious to understand if this was a standard offering for the "plus" model?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #56 on: 07 March, 2020, 09:38:45 pm »
I've just powered mine up for the first time in 18 months (now use Active 20), and the battery is still charged!  Mine was the original 10 which has a 1:250000 base map, so I assume the Plus does have a better built in map.  It also has postcode lookup which the original doesn't have.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #57 on: 07 March, 2020, 11:15:53 pm »
Thanks Adam, I've also managed to confirm with the original owner that the pre-loaded 1:50k map was a standard offering for the plus units at the time.  Given the fact this model is probably over 10 years old I have to sat that I'm pretty impressed! 
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas