General Category > Audax

COVID19 and Audax UK

(1/205) > >>

LittleWheelsandBig:
I see that a long thread has been deleted today. The questions raised by various AUKs still remain. Is the AUK Board going to give any information regarding how AUK might run brevets, given potentially progressive lockdown relaxations over an extended period and likely regional variations in relaxations?

Greenbank:
Would this not be better off posted on the AUK official forum?

http://forum.audax.uk/index.php

LittleWheelsandBig:
Better to have it in both places, to get contributions from more folk. I’ll put it over there tomorrow.

Bianchi Boy:
I think a post i did was in the deleted thread. It's theme was

1. I am sure the board is doing a lot of work behind the scenes.
2. If the guidance does not change then what is the point of doing updates, when there is nothing to say?
3. Giving updates risks discussions on pointless things or issues with interpretation.
4. No one knows how this is going to end so putting a plan in place may keep a lot of people busy and require writing, re-drafing, updating wording and having meeting to finalise, not to mention keeping the forums busy with discussions on things like handling cake in a Corvid-19 safe manner, but will be essentially pointless.

Audax UK must limit the amount of pointless information it gives out, otherwise they risk looking like one of the politicians in the current daily updates. Sounding earnest, dividing people into two groups, one who congratulate them on a good working and other that smiles and wonders if any of this will ever happen.

I think the current level of information has been just about right. There is no point in saying anything and getting involved in fringe discussions on the limits of interpreting the rules. Look at the mess around Dominic Cummings.

BB

mattc:

--- Quote from: Greenbank on 24 May, 2020, 11:24:05 pm ---Would this not be better off posted on the AUK official forum?

http://forum.audax.uk/index.php

--- End quote ---
To be fair, the thread already there hasn't produced a flood of detail from the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version