Author Topic: YACF LEJoG Relay  (Read 177308 times)

Re: YACF LEJoG Relay
« Reply #875 on: 01 October, 2012, 01:34:41 pm »
Morning

I have the baton in my possession at the moment after our handover ceremony on the Humber Bridge on Saturday morning. If it survives being used as an offensive weapon by my children then will be passing it on in the next week. After lengthly discussion with Oscar's Dad and Bloomers over the weekend (well, 30 seconds or so) I understand that Wowbagger would like a go before finally leaving Essex. I'll post something on the MEMWNS thread to make arrangements later........

My Choir Committee Meeting this Wednesday has been postponed. I wonder, could the MEMWNR series head south this week? There's the Hoop, in Stock, or the King's Head, also close to Stock. Failing that, I should be out and about on Thursday and can arrange to be in the vicinity of Witham, but during the day.

Wowbagger I doubt we'll be out to play this week as myself, Oscar's Dad and Bloomers did a 600km at the weekend so will be resting. I read on one of your posts earlier in the year that there is a place for curry in Stock (I woill need details please!).  I was going to suggest a culinary evening to celebrate 600 success for myself, SR series for Oscar's Dad and Bloomers and baton handing over ceremony. Are you around on 10th?

LEE

« Reply #876 on: 01 October, 2012, 01:40:08 pm »
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/YACF-LEJOG-BATON-RELAY

May not have been updated in a while

Updated as best I could figure out.

Going forward please add:

Handover took place in - place, county
Baton now resides in - place, county

makes life easier.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #877 on: 01 October, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »
The baton came to Stone,Liverpool,onto near Oswestry,Uttoxeter then Moira where it was collected by Loadsabikes & Canardly.
hth

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #878 on: 01 October, 2012, 05:07:30 pm »
Morning

I have the baton in my possession at the moment after our handover ceremony on the Humber Bridge on Saturday morning. If it survives being used as an offensive weapon by my children then will be passing it on in the next week. After lengthly discussion with Oscar's Dad and Bloomers over the weekend (well, 30 seconds or so) I understand that Wowbagger would like a go before finally leaving Essex. I'll post something on the MEMWNS thread to make arrangements later........

My Choir Committee Meeting this Wednesday has been postponed. I wonder, could the MEMWNR series head south this week? There's the Hoop, in Stock, or the King's Head, also close to Stock. Failing that, I should be out and about on Thursday and can arrange to be in the vicinity of Witham, but during the day.

Wowbagger I doubt we'll be out to play this week as myself, Oscar's Dad and Bloomers did a 600km at the weekend so will be resting. I read on one of your posts earlier in the year that there is a place for curry in Stock (I woill need details please!).  I was going to suggest a culinary evening to celebrate 600 success for myself, SR series for Oscar's Dad and Bloomers and baton handing over ceremony. Are you around on 10th?
I'm not about on 10th Oct.

This Saturday, there is a WARTY planned in which is intended that we visit the Compasses, Littley Green.

Could a rendez-vous be arranged?

NB It is not guaranteed that this ride will go ahead on Saturday. However, I could always ride up to Witham on Sunday, collect the baton and ride back.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #879 on: 01 October, 2012, 05:17:31 pm »
If you do come to Witham please let me know.  I will see if I can slip out to say hello.

« Reply #880 on: 18 October, 2012, 10:21:16 am »
After a couple of weeks rest the baton is due to be handed over to Wowbagger on Saturday morning and will be winging it's way to Southend after several tours of mid Essex and a 600km round trip to Hull with handover to me on the Humber Bridge.
Handover Ceremony will take place at Papermill Lock at the foot of the Mighty North Hill, spiritual home of the Mid Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series.

« Reply #881 on: 20 October, 2012, 02:35:16 pm »
Met up at Papermill Lock this morning withth WARTY ride for tea and cake. A successful handover took place with Wowbagger.
The baton is currently being taken out for lunch at Littley Green before heading off to Southend with Wow

Oscar's dad

« Reply #882 on: 20 October, 2012, 02:36:41 pm »
And the photo???

« Reply #883 on: 20 October, 2012, 02:40:02 pm »
How do you  attach one? Been trying to work it out

« Reply #884 on: 20 October, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »
upload to a photo hosting site which in turn will allow you to embed photo to forum by copying and pasting a forum code link with your post.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #885 on: 20 October, 2012, 07:58:45 pm »

Del took that one.

Tomorrow the baton will do PBP.

« Reply #886 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

Del took that one.

Tomorrow the baton will do PBP.

PBP?

You toy with us....  :P

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #887 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:08:15 pm »
Prittlewell - Barling - Prittlewell.

What else did you have in mind?

« Reply #888 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:09:21 pm »
PBP?

It is the most famous ride on the calendar! Prittlewell-Barling-Prittlewell. It's got everything that an Audax rider could want. Except distance, AAA points, bus shelters, any kind of hill, sheep, Co-op's, 24 hour garages, and teethgrinder has yet to do it!

« Reply #889 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:28:30 pm »
I wonder how many miles that there baton has travelled must be a few by now?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #890 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:32:38 pm »
PBP?

It is the most famous ride on the calendar! Prittlewell-Barling-Prittlewell. It's got everything that an Audax rider could want. Except distance, AAA points, bus shelters, any kind of hill, sheep, Co-op's, 24 hour garages, and teethgrinder has yet to do it!

Are you, as they say in the classics, upfrit, Del? You could be the official photographer.

And it has a Co-op and a couple of bus shelters.

« Reply #891 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »
Class :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #892 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
I'm wondering if either Christophe or Wow skinny dipped the the canal as they both have form in that department.

« Reply #893 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:40:34 pm »
F**k me!

I've just checked. This nonsense has been going on almost the best part of two years  ;D

It's not really ever going to get there.

Is it?

C'mon.

Let's be honest  :D

EDIT: Where the hell is my risotto - sorry  - wrong thread.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #894 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:41:19 pm »
Patience, young padawan.
Getting there...

« Reply #895 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »
Patience, young padawan.

I had to look up 'padawan'. :-[

I am not of that generation.

I still want to know where's my frikkin' risotto.

What's the matter with gas, these days?

I haz teh hunger.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #896 on: 20 October, 2012, 08:50:29 pm »
What's the matter with gas, these days?
As a sop to the climate change hippies, the government has decided to start piping nitrogen to the plebs' cookers.

Sorry, Jurek. You're just not "one of us".

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #897 on: 20 October, 2012, 09:03:03 pm »
PBP?

Are you, as they say in the classics, upfrit, Del? You could be the official photographer.

Bugger. I've just seen the forecast. I think PBP will have to wait for another day.

« Reply #898 on: 20 October, 2012, 09:12:40 pm »
PBP?

Bugger. I've just seen the forecast. I think PBP will have to wait for another day.
Wuss.
 :P
 :-*

LEE

« Reply #899 on: 22 October, 2012, 04:20:21 pm »
F**k me!

I've just checked. This nonsense has been going on almost the best part of two years  ;D

It's not really ever going to get there.

Is it?

C'mon.

Let's be honest  :D

Being honest...it really doesn't matter when/if it gets there.

Just as long as it keeps moving and getting people to meet up......who cares?