Author Topic: YACF LEJoG Relay  (Read 180210 times)

Re: YACF LEJoG Relay - Currently in Penzance
« Reply #400 on: 24 March, 2011, 07:02:46 pm »
Oops I just realised that I cycled to Taunton yesterday, I should have gone and collected it from PP while I was there! It would have meant I had to ride into the start of the BB on Sunday though ofc. If PP is planning on coming northwards a bit on Friday or Saturday then I could meet him though.

Given that I did a Welsh ride today your mission is now clear:

Track down the one who calls himself ParrettPedlar, obtain the BATON, ride the Ballbuster with it and we shall then arrange a handover to the taffia.

It will be good for it to get a 200 in - it must do an SR series and qualify properly for PBP.  We can try and talk Mal Volio into riding it round the Elenith next..

jm1

Re: YACF LEJoG Relay - Currently Near Taunton
« Reply #401 on: 26 March, 2011, 10:39:04 am »
Who is taking it to France then.

« Reply #402 on: 26 March, 2011, 01:10:15 pm »
Still no sign of PP!
It could always do the Nutty Nun 200k with me next weekend instead, but unfortunately this isn't a BRM so won't help it qualify for PBP  ;D

« Reply #403 on: 26 March, 2011, 07:22:14 pm »

It needs to be someone who is riding over..

« Reply #404 on: 28 March, 2011, 10:03:36 am »
....... it will be available for midweek or Saturday transfers to AnyOtherInterestedParty w/c 28 March, in any direction broadly East or North-East from here.

I'm now back in ParrettCountry after 10 days business travel in Norway.  So the baton is available for handover this week - as previously notified. For the AUK riders among you there is every possibility that I will be doing the Nutty Nuns 200K this Sunday, but I will be available for a midweek or Saturday handover also.

Please form an orderly queue at the door  ;D

« Reply #405 on: 28 March, 2011, 11:04:39 am »
....... it will be available for midweek or Saturday transfers to AnyOtherInterestedParty w/c 28 March, in any direction broadly East or North-East from here.

I'm now back in ParrettCountry after 10 days business travel in Norway.  So the baton is available for handover this week - as previously notified. For the AUK riders among you there is every possibility that I will be doing the Nutty Nuns 200K this Sunday, but I will be available for a midweek or Saturday handover also.

Please form an orderly queue at the door  ;D

Dibs.  I'll see if I can persuade Mal Volio that we ought to ride to Somerset on Saturday!

« Reply #406 on: 28 March, 2011, 11:53:47 am »
Would it help if I rode down Southwestish on Wednesday to meet PP somewhere and then met Tewdric and MV somewhere with it on Saturday?
(I am riding the Nutty Nun on Sunday but I will be driving there)

AndyH

« Reply #407 on: 28 March, 2011, 01:16:08 pm »

It needs to be someone who is riding over..
:thumbsup: (volunteered)

« Reply #408 on: 28 March, 2011, 01:40:59 pm »
Would it help if I rode down Southwestish on Wednesday to meet PP somewhere and then met Tewdric and MV somewhere with it on Saturday?
(I am riding the Nutty Nun on Sunday but I will be driving there)

Yep - fab idea!

« Reply #409 on: 28 March, 2011, 02:09:04 pm »
If PP is agreeable we could do a Glastonbury handover with Tor views in the background :)

Where would you like to so the Saturday handover Tewdric?

« Reply #410 on: 28 March, 2011, 06:42:32 pm »
If PP is agreeable we could do a Glastonbury handover with Tor views in the background :)

Wednesday's forecast is not good - heavy rain. 

Happy to do a Saturday h/over - Glasto is good for me as I like the cafe opposite Heaphy's

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #411 on: 28 March, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
Anyone up for dropping it off at Manchesters Velodrome ?

John

« Reply #412 on: 28 March, 2011, 07:19:20 pm »
Hello everyone,
I am planning to cycle from St.David's (Pembroke) to Lowestoft, camping and starting  on the 14th April. I have a planned route here
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Side-to-Side-Via-B-ham-and-Meriden
(nods to Robgul)
I wonder if it might be possible to take the baton on an Easterly excursion/diversion? I am aiming for about 45miles per day so I should be easy enough to locate for you higher mileage types!
 ;D
turista

« Reply #413 on: 28 March, 2011, 07:41:41 pm »
I'd quite like to be involved in a Welsh leg.  Although looking at the YACF LeJog map I appear to be at a bit of a dead-end.

No problem - Mal Volio and I will ride it out to you!  It will make a nice 300 for us.

Then maybe I could take it down to Swansea?  Or meet up with with someone on a planned ride at Llandovery or Newport/Cardigan or somewhere.
(300s are OUT of the question  :-[ )

If you can get hold of it, I'm sure Andy Cox would do a 200 to get to you to take it to Aberystwyth.  I can take it to the dizzy heights of North Wales from there.

« Reply #414 on: 28 March, 2011, 08:13:04 pm »

Happy to do a Saturday h/over - Glasto is good for me as I like the cafe opposite Heaphy's

I think the weather is going to clear up weds afternoon, yr.no – Været for Norge og verden fra Meteorologisk institutt og NRK has it sunny at 3-4pm onwards and they are rarely wrong by much! But if you would rather do saturday I could ride down nice and early then head North to meet up with Tewdric and MV somewhere. I don't want to ride over 100 miles on saturday though coz I am doing the nutty nuns 200k on sunday and my body is not yet used to consecutive days punishment  ;D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #415 on: 29 March, 2011, 07:38:09 am »
Hello everyone,
I am planning to cycle from St.David's (Pembroke) to Lowestoft, camping and starting  on the 14th April. I have a planned route here
Bicycle Path - Side to Side Via B'ham and Meriden at Bikely.com
(nods to Robgul)
I wonder if it might be possible to take the baton on an Easterly excursion/diversion? I am aiming for about 45miles per day so I should be easy enough to locate for you higher mileage types!
 ;D
turista

Bugger.  W/c 11th I'm walking in Snowdonia with the sons.  Not sure if we will return to Llandysul on thursday or friday.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #416 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:00:07 am »

I think the weather is going to clear up weds afternoon, yr.no – Været for Norge og verden fra Meteorologisk institutt og NRK has it sunny at 3-4pm onwards and they are rarely wrong by much! But if you would rather do saturday I could ride down nice and early then head North to meet up with Tewdric and MV somewhere. I don't want to ride over 100 miles on saturday though coz I am doing the nutty nuns 200k on sunday and my body is not yet used to consecutive days punishment  ;D

Saturday  early-ish - say 10.30 - at the "spire" near Heaphy's Cafe. 

OK?

« Reply #417 on: 29 March, 2011, 02:56:45 pm »

Saturday  early-ish - say 10.30 - at the "spire" near Heaphy's Cafe. 

OK?

Yeah, that is fine. I will plan to get there for 10am so I have time for a coffee before heading north!
See you Saturday :)

« Reply #418 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:29:52 pm »
OMG, I just told my kids that I would be popping out to get the baton on Saturday morning when my 17 yr old son (who has more awareness of time and space than I do) pointed out that I had told him he couldn't go out on Friday night because he is baby sitting his sister while I ride from Oxford to London   :facepalm:

Of course, I did know that that was this weekend, but something in my brain just hadn't computed it!
This means I will be in London first thing Saturday so cannot possibly also be in Glastonbury  :facepalm:

Sorry folks, I can't manage a Saturday handover unless it was late afternoon after I am back from Paddington :(

« Reply #419 on: 30 March, 2011, 12:42:06 am »
Now that Feline can't make it, how far north could you get by about 11.30 on Saturday Colin?  Could we do a handover on the A38 somewhere?  It's still achieveable if Mal Volio and I can get a good early start and meet up somewhere, but we have to be back in Wales by mid-afternoonish.

« Reply #420 on: 30 March, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »
Now that Feline can't make it, how far north could you get by about 11.30 on Saturday Colin  PP?

Depends what time I start of course!  And how far I want to ride!!

Could we do a handover on the A38 somewhere?  It's still achieveable if Mal Volio and I can get a good early start and meet up somewhere, but we have to be back in Wales by mid-afternoonish.

How about Burrington Coombe? - not quite as scenic as Cheddar Gorge, but similar. That gives me a 60-70 mile round trip, which is enough at the mo', given my recent lack of miles.

Coming South on the A38, take A368 off A38 (TL) at Churchill X roads and Traffic Lights, then after a bit TR onto the B3134. There is a cafe/restuarant about 1 mile up that road on the LHS, just before it starts getting a bit steeper.  Usually good for soup, cake etc.

PM me with mobile phone #s so we can advise any delays/change of plan/ no shows on the day.

Have you got a camera? - I don't!

« Reply #421 on: 30 March, 2011, 09:35:52 pm »
How about Burrington Coombe?

Yes - good idea.  PM to follow..

« Reply #422 on: 30 March, 2011, 10:48:33 pm »
How about Burrington Coombe?

Yes - good idea.  PM to follow..

Right. That's sorted  (apart from the actual cycling of course!)

LEE

« Reply #423 on: 06 April, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »
????

Any plans/dates/ride-reports/photos?

« Reply #424 on: 06 April, 2011, 06:32:30 pm »
Awaiting the end of this bout of flu, then I'll go get it from PP.  Most likely next Tuesday.