Author Topic: iCloud - this could take a while.  (Read 1072 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
iCloud - this could take a while.
« on: 06 August, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »
Having decided that the remedy to a full hard drive was to migrate my photos/videos to iCloud I have finally upgraded from Mountain Lion to Yosemite.
Which went flawlessly despite the 'just a minute remaining' taking several hours.

Now comes the fun part, the upload of > 500Gb of photos and videos to iCloud. At the current rate, 30,000 images will take a few months. Should be quicker next week when I am back to work and onto a decent network.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Afasoas

Re: iCloud - this could take a while.
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2015, 12:52:11 pm »
Now comes the fun part, the upload of > 500Gb of photos and videos to iCloud. At the current rate, 30,000 images will take a few months. Should be quicker next week when I am back to work and onto a decent network.

LMAO.. I'm sure your friendly local sysadmin will appreciate that :)
(I'm sure they've got decent network throttling in place)

:)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »

LMAO.. I'm sure your friendly local sysadmin will appreciate that :)
(I'm sure they've got decent network throttling in place)

:)

Not on JANet (or whatever the current, local, equivelant is).  When I worked at a Bio-Med research organisation, based onsite at UMIST, we could download an ISO quicker than it would take to lock your PC ready to go and get a coffee!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ian

« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2015, 12:57:08 pm »
That's a lot of smut.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #4 on: 06 August, 2015, 01:53:27 pm »
No problem with bandwidth - we do have a decent network and big pipes. The selection of pics to upload seems a bit random.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes