Author Topic: PBP - Deadline for converting preregistration to full registration?  (Read 3997 times)

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
As I just got a reminder email from PBP orgs scaring me that I've not yet registered, I started a very mild form of fret. We're waiting for last weekend's 600 to yield ACP numbers so we have the magic number of 3 to go ahead and register.

On the website it says:

"If you have not converted your preregistration into a definite registration until June 19, 2011 at midnight (French time), you will lose your reserved place. You can still apply for registration, but without priority. "

Stupid panic: is that the midnight at the start of Sunday (11pm Saturday, BST), or the end of it (11pm Sunday)? I originally read as the latter but now I'm thinking it could be either way and wondered if anyone knew For Sure.

(It makes quite a difference, as Satuday day & night we'll be riding another 600 and rather indisposed to the completing of registrations)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: PBP - Deadline for converting preregistration to full registration?
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:39:58 am »
Entering without priority is unlikely to be a problem, given that the UK quota won't be filled (one or two people will owe me a beer soon).

I read midnight June 19 in France as 11 pm Sunday here but, obviously, that isn't definitive.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:48:12 am »
Entering without priority is unlikely to be a problem, given that the UK quota won't be filled (one or two people will owe me a beer soon).

You're already owed a beer from me, I think my prediction was that all of the pre-registration places would be gone before general registration opened. I'll hunt you down in StQeY.

The only unanswered question is whether those that have pre-registered lose their €30 pre-registration fee or whether the system will be clever enough to realise they've already paid it when they go through the registration process having had their pre-registration cancelled.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #3 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:53:27 am »
He'll need the beer, it'll be raining  ;D

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #4 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:56:45 am »
I'll hunt you down in StQeY.

Oh no, not again

[/Hitchhiker's Guide]
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #5 on: 16 June, 2011, 11:20:55 am »
Yes, as I say this is only a mild fret.

The point is more "I put enough into getting preregistration I may as well get the benefit of it, damnit!"  :) But moreover: it will be tough enough as it is riding through the night on a second 600 in 9 days. I really don't want to be spending the dark hours with a a silly nagging devil on my shoulder enumerating in my ear all the different ways I might fail to qualify due to foreseeable administrative errors on my part, rather than sporting reasons.

Cheers.

« Reply #6 on: 16 June, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »
If you have a 2,3 and 4 you can convert the registration and fill in the 600 later. I believe you have the equivalent, but over-distance - I wonder whether the site will be intelligent enough to deal with that.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #7 on: 16 June, 2011, 04:00:54 pm »
Alas we only have 2 ACP numbers (2x300s)

600 #1 was done last weekend, ACP number pending.
600 #2 is yet to be ridden.

« Reply #8 on: 16 June, 2011, 08:32:40 pm »
Alas we only have 2 ACP numbers (2x300s)

600 #1 was done last weekend, ACP number pending.
600 #2 is yet to be ridden.

There is the option of putting in your name/event/date/etc if the homologation number hasn't been issued.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #9 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »
Fab, thanks Ian  :thumbsup:
The form works great for the common case (ACP homogulation number known) and tolerably well for the rest (guess work
 that "West Kent D.A." is the magic text and bingo it has let me through to the next level --- not sure when we meet the end of level baddie)

Also: My dear Thing2  :-* answered the OP - the original pre-registration email words the deadline less ambiguously:
"Registration opens on June 11, 2011.
 We remind you that you will lose your reserved place if you have not registered until June 20, 2011."

We may yet get the wheels on this wagon!

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #10 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »
....attempted to email my inscription file handler to explain the situation, but the email bounced.
The bounce did reveal that my file handler, inscription6@paris-brest-paris.org, is none other than the ACP El Presidente himself, Mr Thierry Rivet. Looks like the alias forwards to his private email account, which is probably over the ISP mail quota right now  - can't imagine why!  :D

« Reply #11 on: 16 June, 2011, 10:55:27 pm »
The midnight I reckon will be 11pm on the night before (which is midnight GMT). Their deadline for open registrations didn't quite go online at 11pm last Friday night, the site was down for maintenance for a while. But by the morning on Saturday it was all up and working. Good luck with registering, got fingers crossed for you guys.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #12 on: 17 June, 2011, 01:20:45 pm »
The midnight I reckon will be 11pm on the night before (which is midnight GMT). Their deadline for open registrations didn't quite go online at 11pm last Friday night, the site was down for maintenance for a while. But by the morning on Saturday it was all up and working. Good luck with registering, got fingers crossed for you guys.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

GB free places is down to 35 -- I'm sure it was 50 just the other day! Would be very frustrating if we did loose the pre-qual reservation *and* it sold out, both whilst we were actually riding the final qualifier!
But I'm now pretty confident the deadline is 11pm on the 19th UK time, not the day before. "We remind you that you will lose your reserved place if you have not registered until June 20, 2011." so we just need to get back from our 600 and poke the form before 11pm Sunday night. Simples.

« Reply #13 on: 17 June, 2011, 01:30:30 pm »
Don't forget that there'll be a not-insignificant number of pre-registration places that aren't being taken up (at least 3 I know of from here, not including yours) that go back into the big pool of places available when that deadline passes.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #14 on: 20 June, 2011, 09:11:55 am »
Well, the clock struck 11pm and we still seem to have our places  :thumbsup: Many thanks to FWN and the AUK validation faeries for getting the third ACP numbers lodged Sunday afternoon, so we could pass the deadline with three fully homologated rides. Muchas gracias.

And you were all right. GB free spaces have popped up from ~25 to ~75. So that's at least a spare 50x€30 in PBP's coffers from brits alone. Not bad going. (I should have made a note of the total before & after)

« Reply #15 on: 20 June, 2011, 11:26:57 am »
Well, the clock struck 11pm and we still seem to have our places  :thumbsup: Many thanks to FWN and the AUK validation faeries for getting the third ACP numbers lodged Sunday afternoon, so we could pass the deadline with three fully homologated rides. Muchas gracias.

And you were all right. GB free spaces have popped up from ~25 to ~75. So that's at least a spare 50x€30 in PBP's coffers from brits alone. Not bad going. (I should have made a note of the total before & after)

Yay, great news  :thumbsup:

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #16 on: 20 June, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

Next time, I will know not to worry or stress about any of that stuff (as many people predicted, plenty of room for everyone who qualified and wants to ride it seems).

Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #17 on: 20 June, 2011, 01:24:54 pm »

Next time, I will know not to worry or stress about any of that stuff (as many people predicted, plenty of room for everyone who qualified and wants to ride it seems).

... unless the UK has 25% less places in 2015* Who knows what scheme there will be for allocating places? Some countries (Japan?) are rapidly increasing their participation, so maybe AUK will get squeezed more in the future.

*(And 1-in-5 Dragon Ride entrants decide to try PBP)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #18 on: 20 June, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »

i have been keeping an eye on this - as it impacts on the likely number of riders for LEL 2013. Total spaces available jumped by about 350.

Last time had 5311- if the numbers available do total 6000 - then at the moment there are only 4689 entered with France missing out on 536 places ( they had 2294 riders last time) but the French last date for a 600 is June 26th - so are there 400 or 500 French riders going to ride a 600 this weekend???
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!