Author Topic: Cambridge Farmers' Outlet  (Read 890 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Cambridge Farmers' Outlet
« on: 18 May, 2009, 01:05:53 pm »
Just in case any of the Cambridge based forumites haven't been there, I can recommend a visit to the Cambridge Farmers' Outlet (8 Lensfield Road - opposite the Catholic church).

It has a wide range of produce all from local producers.  The prices compare well to some of the supermarkets.

They also stock Bean Thinking vegetarian and vegan ready meals - absolutely lovely stuff!

It's run as a co-operative and well worth a visit.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Re: Cambridge Farmers' Outlet
« Reply #1 on: 18 May, 2009, 03:42:11 pm »
It has a wide range of produce all from local producers.  The prices compare well to some of the supermarkets.

Prices in independent green grocers often do compare well. Much of supermarkets' cheapness is myth rather than fact.

ludwig

• never eat a cyclists gloves
    • grown in wales
« Reply #2 on: 23 May, 2009, 07:29:28 am »
I agree with Pancho. Bag of Tesco mixed salad that has been hanging around for two weeksenough for one meal £2.79. Old carrier bag full of the most amazing variety of coloured and shaped lettuce with some rocket and land cress chucked in from my local Italians that ask you which one you want and then cut it for you £1.20. I thought I was getting very sad the other day as I peered into my carrier bag and got so excited by a lettuce but then my 12 yo daughter appeared "daddy that lettuce in your kitchen is amazing" so at least i'm not the only one.

« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2009, 12:25:14 pm »

Another co-operative worth a visit is Daily Bread off Kings Hedges