Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 03:05:14 pm »
Crystal Palace 4 - Manchester Seconds 0.  Happy to call that a thrashing (which the BBC's John Bull printing set trotted out as expected).

Next up for them is an in-form, free-scoring Arsenal... what's the next level up from a "thrashing"?

Strong chance Newcastle will finish above them now, which you've got to be happy about.
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:53:26 pm »
A bit short of 60k on the eTrek. Nasty cold west wind veering NW as soon as I turned north, but by then I was into the hills so it didn't much matter.  First ride I've really enjoyed on the electrified Domane, I think I might keep it that way - very nice when I'm down on the bends.  Only fly in the ointment: left shoe kept eating my sock.  When I got home the heel was under my instep.
Arts and Entertainment / Beethoven's 9th Symphony, 7th May 1824
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 02:51:13 pm »
Today is the 200th anniversary of the first performance of, arguably, the pinnacle of musical achievement.

BBC Radio 3 have a concert.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_three

No doubt it will be on iplayer in a while.
A supercell formed over Haguenau, ~20 km south of us, a couple of days ago. Gulp.
On The Road / Re: Cyclist who knocked down and killed pensioner
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:42:14 pm »
The message some will take from this totally avoidable tragedy is that cyclists know they are above the law and act irresponsibly which has potential to generate further animosity towards cyclists. There is a danger that all cyclists, particularly the 'lycra brigade', will be seen through the same lense that Brian Fitzgerald and Muswell Hill Peloton are viewed.

Oh, bollocks.  Read the post before yours.
« Last post by Veloman on Today at 02:37:55 pm »
The message some will take from this totally avoidable tragedy is that cyclists know they are above the law and act irresponsibly which has potential to generate further animosity towards cyclists. There is a danger that all cyclists, particularly the 'lycra brigade', will be seen through the same lense that Brian Fitzgerald and Muswell Hill Peloton are viewed.
« Last post by Sergeant Pluck on Today at 02:30:44 pm »
The cyclist was appearing as a witness. He wasn't charged because no law was broken. It was accepted that the person had walked out right in front of the cyclist without looking. There was no indication that the person's death was as a direct result of the incident. The incident could have occurred in just the same way if the cyclist had been moving at 20mph.

How should CTC/CUK BC LCC IWGBCB (if at all) respond to this report?

Not at all.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 02:24:53 pm »
No-one seems to publish the batting and bowling averages any more. They used to be regular features in daily papers.

Glamorgan's Sam Northeast must be top of the batting, having scored 335no and 173no so far. I assume he must have lost his wicket at some point this season.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 02:18:59 pm »
Wordle 1,053 4/6

🟨
🟨
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Signs of Spring
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:50:58 pm »
Three or four times this morning I've heard the swifts screaming overhead here in Saarfend, but haven't seen them yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10