Author Topic: North West 200  (Read 1416 times)

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
North West 200
« on: 20 May, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
I don't know if the BBC will put together a highlights programme for the two laps of racing that was managed before the weather put a stop to the weekend, but the racing on Thursday had enough buttock clenching moments.

There's madness, then there's Irish road racing, then there's Irish road racing on cold wet/damp/drying roads, then there's Irish road racing on cold, wet/damp/drying roads on slicks.

iPlayer NW 200
A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

LEE

Re: North West 200
« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2013, 11:29:32 pm »
I watch road racing like this and the IOM TT from behind the sofa, through my fingers.

As an ex-biker I find it compelling but almost unwatchable in equal measure.

True fear for me is watching the on-board footage of a >130mph average lap of the TT course, which includes a couple of small town centres.

Re: North West 200
« Reply #2 on: 28 May, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »
I watch road racing like this and the IOM TT from behind the sofa, through my fingers.

As an ex-biker I find it compelling but almost unwatchable in equal measure.

True fear for me is watching the on-board footage of a >130mph average lap of the TT course, which includes a couple of small town centres.

It's amazing what people will do (again and again) given the risks (yesterday's death of the Japanese rider brings it to 21 riders dead since 2000 in the IoMTT).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."