Author Topic: flippy-floppery  (Read 10943 times)

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
Re: flippy-floppery
« Reply #50 on: 27 October, 2014, 09:18:29 pm »
I have flipped once - on the Bryan Chapman when I had a hangover.  If you buy a fixed/fixed hub and don't use the other side, at least you still have use of the hub if you ever strip the thread.  I have done this on a couple of Phil hubs.

« Reply #51 on: 27 October, 2014, 09:30:40 pm »
I have flipped once - on the Bryan Chapman when I had a hangover. 

This man has style!

« Reply #52 on: 28 October, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »
I have flipped once - on the Bryan Chapman when I had a hangover.  If you buy a fixed/fixed hub and don't use the other side, at least you still have use of the hub if you ever strip the thread.  I have done this on a couple of Phil hubs.

Funny, I seem to recall someone who looked just like you flipping their wheel on Hard Boiled this year at the second cafe stop...
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #53 on: 28 October, 2014, 02:22:52 pm »
I have flipped once - on the Bryan Chapman when I had a hangover <...>

i was thinking "he normally rides better than that!", when seing you walking up the hill with diagonal railroad tracks on my way back. hangover explains it :D

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
Re: flippy-flopperyref
« Reply #54 on: 28 October, 2014, 07:21:33 pm »

Funny, I seem to recall someone who looked just like you flipping their wheel on Hard Boiled this year at the second cafe stop...

Well remembered Ive.  I'd forgot that.  I had planned it though so it doesn't count as a 'bail-out' flip.  More like a 'settled prefference' flip.

« Reply #55 on: 04 December, 2014, 02:47:17 pm »
I've flipped a couple of times on rides.

I've carried a different chain so I could do the Monsal Hill climb on 22T.

On a few hilly rides I've decided that I do have time to flip rather than suffer the effects of grovelling up a long climb. One one 300k I had overdone it a bit on the first 200 and decided that I wasn't in the mood to trudge back on tired legs so I flipped to low and twiddled back at a more relaxed pace.