Author Topic: Cycling facility improvement in my area  (Read 1049 times)

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
Cycling facility improvement in my area
« on: 21 July, 2011, 04:58:27 pm »
I've just received a letter from TFL giving advanced notice of works to improve the off-road cycle path alongside the A217 in Sutton.  It looks there could be considerable disruption to motorised traffic whilst the works are carried out.

I'll wait and see if it does constitute an improvement, but I can't wait to see the letters page in the local rag when people realise that it involves a road closure and is being done for freeloading cyclists  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Cycling facility improvement in my area
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2011, 07:53:30 pm »
What?  The path from just south of Belmont?  Does that need improving?  I rode down it today at a comfortable 25kph without difficulty, although I did slow down to pass the two cyclists (one pushing) and one pedestrian, and to pass the golf course, where golfists have been known to stride out & block the path with their stickbags.  Not a problem.
Getting there...

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
Re: Cycling facility improvement in my area
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2011, 09:44:17 pm »
What?  The path from just south of Belmont?  Does that need improving?  I rode down it today at a comfortable 25kph without difficulty, although I did slow down to pass the two cyclists (one pushing) and one pedestrian, and to pass the golf course, where golfists have been known to stride out & block the path with their stickbags.  Not a problem.

No, not as far south as that, they are talking about the junction of St Dunstan's Hill and Sunningdale Road/Abbotts Road.

Widening the short section of footway linking Sunningdale Road to the A217

Renewing the footway/cycleway on the west side of the A217 from Abbotts Road to the pedestrian (toucan) crossing

Installing replaement and new wooden fencing around the grass verge areas adjacent to Sunningdale Road to prevent parking