Author Topic: West Lavington to Selham near Midhurst Road Closed  (Read 1256 times)

West Lavington to Selham near Midhurst Road Closed
« on: 14 April, 2021, 10:34:37 pm »
Just back from doing my Pulborough Reading Perm and discovered that road between West Lavington and Selham is totally closed (even to bikes) while the bridge at South Ambersham is rebuilt. It appears that the road will reopen July 16 and therefore will impact a number of my Perms (Pul Read and Hail Liss come to mind) plus my events on June 5th.

More info to follow tomorrow

Anton

Re: West Lavington to Selham near Midhurst Road Closed
« Reply #1 on: 15 April, 2021, 03:40:27 pm »
Further to my previous post, and after some investigation, it appears that the following of my rides will be impacted:

Calendar Events

Hailsham Liss 200 on June 5th 2020
Hailsham Venta 300 on June 5th 2020
Sussex MidSummer 200 on June 20th 2020

Permanent Events

El Supremos Hailsham Liss 200
El Supremos Hailsham 300
El Supremos Pulborough Reading 200
El Supremos 600
El Supremos 1000

To bypass the closed road for the above I'm suggesting that the A272 out of Midhurst via Easbourne to the North is followed and the 1st R (not those into Cowdray Park and its Farms) is used. This will rejoin the route immediately after the missing bridge.

I'll be updating the route sheets and GPX Tracks of the Calendar events, once I've undertaken a route check, but for the Perms the changes will be

• On arriving in Midhurst instead of 2nd Exit @ MRAB (West St)
  • take 1st Exit @ MRAB (Rumbolds Hill)
  • continue along North St with its shops
  • 1st Exit @ MRAB passed school and across bridge
  • 2nd Exit @ MRAB $ Haywards Heath (Easebourne Ln)
  • Continue on A272 through Easebourne and after 3.4km on brow of hill (Care) take a R $ 6'6" Except for Access
  • Continue crossing the River Rother and passing the rebuilding of the bridge before L $ Selham after 1.3km
  • you are now back on route

GdS

• I have come here to chew carrots and kick ass
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2021, 12:44:31 pm »
Thanks Anton I'll probably continue to Halfway Bridge slightly nicer roads  :)

« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2021, 04:16:27 pm »
I’m looking at a Southern route detour to avoid the A272 and use country lanes. It will also avoid the suggested right turn on brow of hill since the road is narrow and twisty at this point

But at the end of the day provided rider pass each control and it’s validated they are advisory routes

Anton

GdS

• I have come here to chew carrots and kick ass
« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2021, 10:12:10 pm »
There are many nice alternative lanes under the Downs but they all add a bit of extra distance if coming from Liss / Rogate; I would offer them if you have time but otherwise the short A272 section is fine  :)

I admit to having used the whole A272 on a few dark winter rides of yours in order to reduce PF visit potential and there was also B all to see!